• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

I'm going Japanese

Thanks guys, working on the beat up rubber road wheels now, not real happy with them so far. Gonna try a couple of things. :soldier

Patina...Si.

ha1a8f0e.jpg

how's this? Can't find what that spring loaded looking boot would be, any ideas?

h3f353e2.jpg

This was my test part. What did I use?

http://www.tricoatstore.com/

It's copper paint and a patina solution. I noticed it blackens (slightly) tracks, looks like the same solution but not as potent.

Dig this...

h8ee3e09.jpg

hf89b714.jpg

hb071a0b.jpg

PreDusting....Pretty close to calling this done! :coolio

The rubber doesn't look right in photos. I have more color variations when you eyeball it. Might need to touch it up.

Need a base for it also.

The Defanged Dragon.

Looking good! Is that wash showing in the track pins or did the blackener not take? I really noticed it in the drive sprockets. Adding some dark gray pigments to the tracks will make them look more like your initial photo.
This is going to really stand out on a white sandy base. :D

:drinks

There's some shiny spots on the tracks where the etching fluid didn't get to. I even ran it in the sonic cleaner trying to activate it all over. Pigments and junk can fix that. Not sure what these would be made of but some light rusting should be in order maybe?

Wow, what sensational realism! You have the same knack as Terry in taking something that already looks done and enhancing it far beyond expectations! I am overwhelmed at the quality of the realism you have achieved.

OK, in the original photo you see a bunch of debris on the sand, broken coral. Any suggestion how to replicate that?

i know it as ICELANDIC MOSS the stuff model railroad builders use
And cut it in realy small pieces and spray/paint in the correct shade.

h3f07bf0.jpg

And grind some Pumice rock and cat litter

Bob-ster, that is some incredible work! I know I had some Migs Coarse sand or something like that, let me look when I get home. Ic could be used as a partial for beach sand or the like, me-thinks.

h3f07bf0.jpg

BAMN! Thanks Piet, think that'll work.

Bruce, I got the sandy stuff, either Vallejo or someone, just need something more course and looks like busted up rock.

3-19-2006-41.jpg

Reference photo for...reference... :facepalm

h3f07bf0.jpg

BAMN! Thanks Piet, think that'll work.

Bruce, I got the sandy stuff, either Vallejo or someone, just need something more course and looks like busted up rock.

3-19-2006-41.jpg

Reference photo for...reference... :facepalm

Perhaps some crushed Plaster of Paris for the crushed stones?

Cheers

Plaster of Paris or Durham's Water Putty spread thin and broken up will probably replicate those shards on the beach. The Durhams might even be the right color too, which will simplify the painting and detailing process of the groundwork.

Just some ideas here.

Well the mojo got sucked out of this one. I got some rust over the tracks and a slight dusting. I might pick this back up later. Wanting to move on to something else right now.

hbe44d1e.jpg

h83420c6.jpg

hf7f7b00.jpg

hf0942eb.jpg

ha4e49c5.jpg

Back