• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

"Forrest find"

I think it's portrait vers landscape Mats, generally see this with Apple phones.

It's looking swell, lovin' the coverage. :popcorn

Mushrooms added, need some painting still.

h7a5de9f.jpg

h1cf26c1.jpg

Busy painting them now, got some tips from veerle as she is the painter in the family :)
Borrowed some of here oil brushers and it went pretty easy to get a good result.

he8f09f6.JPG

h9417590.JPG

haa6ad4f.JPG

Greetings Mats

Wow, most impressive! Veerle has some mad skills man! Great job so far!

I do feel that this is less a forest than a marsh though. I think a few more and larger trees might give it more of a forest feel.

Just my two worthless cents... in this economy!

I do feel that this is less a forest than a marsh though. I think a few more and larger trees might give it more of a forest feel.

Veerle gave me tips on what to use but i painted it myself :)
I go for the look of an opening in the forrest, but maybe one or two more trees will fit, i see :) would love to fit a big spruce tree, but there is no space, maybe if i make a half one...

Veerle gave me tips on what to use but i painted it myself :)
I go for the look of an opening in the forest, but maybe one or two more trees will fit, i see :) would love to fit a big spruce tree, but there is no space, maybe if i make a half one...

Then she has some mad determination skills; complimented by your skills and abilities to achieve what she sees in her mind. You two are certainly a perfect pair.

I like the idea of a couple more larger trees, at least at the periphery; that will make it look like an opening in the forest. There definitely needs to be some larger trees to indicate this is a forest meadow or something like that. That being said, this is still a most amazing and incredible little diorama! Keep it coming Mats!

Thanks guys :) veerle is saying thanks too :Hiay

I did some tests for fir tree branches

h5fbf3a9.JPG

hfaff779.JPG

Must visit the flower store to pick up some more of this plant, got these twigs from a workshop with andrew argent at smc last year.
What i have donne is dipping the twigs in thinned woodglue and then sprinkled fine turf over them.
Really love this fine turf for diorama building!!

Back