• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

"Forrest find"

Ok i made some step by step pics of how i make the pine trees.
I will make a thread in the sprue university (or what the name was :) )

I placed a couple of trees already

hf898752.JPG

haa63d58.JPG

Made some drybrushing on the trees with a lighter green/yellow after the pics were taken.

Greetings

It's trial and error most of the time but you learn new things so thats good :)
One thing i learned was not to put to much fibres in, the trees looked more like bushes if it was to much branches.

Trees are growing :) added some dead birch trees too (not easy to see them in the pic though)

h0b5815c.JPG

Will be some smaller birch trees with leaves too, then i think it is ok.

This is exactly the kind of build I was hoping for when the campaign was hatched. Looking very good, Mats! (y)

:drinks

Being sick the last couple of days and also having sick kids at home so not much donne.
Atleast started a big cleanup of the hobbyroom yesterday, and also some work on the birch trees, made my own leaf punch because the ones you can buy i find is a little bit too big for this scale.

h2e3af3b.JPG

h3cf317c.JPG

The leaves are ca 1mm so 35mm in real and thats good for a young birchtree

greetings Mats

Some painting donne on one of the birch trees, used seafoam as a base for the tree, painted red/brown and some different brown colours.

h510a065.JPG

Back