• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

CTA Build Moon Puppy Corsair

F4U23.jpg

Cool :coolio I've got to get me some of that metal medium. Looking just great, and my vote is that you press on.

Got some good rest today and hit the bench this afternoon. Here's what was done.

F4U27.jpg

Base is primed, not real thrilled here, Guess I got to thick with the rattle can primer as some of the detail has been obscured. But i'm going to press on with it. Got the tractor built and painted. Will wash it tomorrow and chip it up a good bit, I suspect these things took a beating and asked for more.

F4U28.jpg

Decals on the Corsair. I chickened out of masking and painting the insignias. A larger scale I will do but my first attempt was just to nerve rackin'.

F4U29.jpg

yeah you can see the shadow of where I attempted the masked insignia. Thinking the clear coats coming up will hide that.

F4U30.jpg

I like the BMF here...

Hope y'all like! :mpup

Looking really nice Bob, pre shade effect shows up just right, agree the NMF looks spot on (y)

Really like the paint work on this one,MP!

[sub]the video?...A dirty mind is a joy forever.[/sub] :laugh:

Greetings,Ron.

Love the tug MP. Chip it up good. Are you going to add wheel chocks to the Corsair?

Funny to hear about your issues with pre shading. I just don't bother any more. Like you, I was also never quite satisfied with how it looked. This often lead to a dozen more thin layers of paint while post shading. After all that the paint would look better but the pre shading was completely covered! Thats why I only post shade now. I feel it gives you more control and more option with the finish. And as long as the layers are thin you have no loss of detail.

Keep it up MP! :v

matt

Thanks guys.

Matt I doubt the Corsair will be chocked, the tug will be hooked up and I guess the chocks.

Randy I guess I gotta do something, can't have all this stuff sitting out there with no one around. One thing for sure, not going to have the pilots hangin' around shooting craps :rotf

Well MP, you can leave the plane empty and just add the driver to the tug. Although there is a figure of a pilot looking backwards while the plane is being tugged, you can use that one also.

Hey Rubin, thanks, yeah I'm not going to try and get the pilot in the cockpit. Think I got a plan on how to stage this. :hmmm

That tug and crew set comes with a couple of maintenance guys carrying a crate. think I'll pose them holding the tow bar while the tug pulls up to hook up.
:beer

Back