• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

CTA Build Moon Puppy Corsair

Thanks guys,

Well, much like my first prom date, if you keep your distance it doesn't look too bad.

F4U35.jpg

I can clean up that gap on his neck.

Guess I'm trying to apply the large scale techniques to this small face.

Let me know what you think please. Thanks!

Looking good Bob (y) Love the paintjob on the figure, the face looks very nice, certainly considering the scale. The Corsair looks absolutely stunning, the modulation on the blue color makes it look awsome!!

:popcorn :popcorn :popcorn

Erik

That ground crewman looks great! I thought he was the same scale as the Sea Hag coming to destroy the Corsair...

Regards,

Re: A Spitfire from the 1970s.

Hi Bob, your little guy turned guy really well. close up photography is a harsh test in this scale but you passed :)

Sea Hag :rotf , well it was her or the bushel of 'taters that generally show up at this point.

Thanks for the comments guys. Working on the prop now and the deck.

Hey, does anyone have a good picture of the front and back of the Navy/Marine flight suit with all the trimmings? Harnesses, LPU and all?

Looks pretty good! You need to figure a way for the ol' lady to carry the taters! :laugh:

Dear Bob.

...the high contrast looks impressive ;) .... great job!

:drinks

Luiz.

Thanks Luiz, I have no idea what the high contrast is but i'll take the "great job". All I'm doing is trying to imitate you guys.

I'm calling the Tractor done, maybe a little touch up but I got the arms on the driver and the hands on the wheel.

Worked on the deck, lots more to do there. Also worked on the prop, not able to do what I want to do on it so I'm punting...pictures later.

Here's the pictures

F4U36.jpg

F4U37.jpg

F4U38.jpg

Think this is the general layout i'm going for. The headless pilot will be standing watch as his aircraft is rolled out. Mechanic could be installing, or removing the wing braces, don't know if he's coming or going...

More work to do on the deck, some chipping around the tiedowns and I need to mark up some lines. Maybe a dashed white and solid yellow line?

Dear Bob.

...the high contrast looks impressive ;) .... great job!

:drinks

Luiz.

Thanks Luiz, I have no idea what the high contrast is but i'll take the "great job". All I'm doing is trying to imitate you guys.

I'm calling the Tractor done, maybe a little touch up but I got the arms on the driver and the hands on the wheel.

Worked on the deck, lots more to do there. Also worked on the prop, not able to do what I want to do on it so I'm punting...pictures later.
:rotf :rotf :rotf

Looking really good MP. Have you given any thought to a bomb trolley or something on the empty side of the deck to balance it out? Just my 2c, not trying to stir the pot or anything. ;)

Back