• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

CTA Build Moon Puppy Corsair

Got some more work done today.

Matt you'd be glad to know the tug is getting thoroughly trashed. (y)

F4U32.jpg

Using the chipping steps Terry did a while back on his Tiger. I've don'e some more work on it since taking these shots, it's really taking a beating!

F4U31.jpg

Kinda an overview of how i'll have this setup. Couple of maintenance guys working the tow bar, maybe a pilot figure supervising...

Sweet! Even today you can see these little tugs pushing planes off gate at occasionally at YWG. Nothing larger than CRJ`s mind you but it does happen. We must have a brake rider in the cockpit while moving WestJet 737`s. Though I know some companies take the risk and reposition aircraft with no one on board.

Keep going MP. You`re making great progress!

matt :)

Got some more work done today.

Matt you'd be glad to know the tug is getting thoroughly trashed. (y)

F4U32.jpg

Using the chipping steps Terry did a while back on his Tiger. I've don'e some more work on it since taking these shots, it's really taking a beating!

F4U31.jpg

Kinda an overview of how i'll have this setup. Couple of maintenance guys working the tow bar, maybe a pilot figure supervising...
yep, that's the Navy. Enlisted guys always at the bar and pilots think they need to supervise. ;)

MOONIE,

Dude ! Love th Flak-Target. It does take Me back to th 'Ol School & watching th Baa-Baas ! ... What's up with that Metal Medium ? I'm intrigued ! It looks like it Definitely Done You right !

How do you use th Metal Medium ? Is it used as an overcoat ? Do you mix th intended Base color with it ? It is like flecks of metal suspended in a clear , So You could clear coat it over a Base coat & have an instant 'Ol School 70's Metal Flake ?

Very Cool Bird so far ! Fo-Reals Playa' ! ( and this comin' from a Dyed-in-th-Wool Panzer Nut !

:ro: :ro:

:erik

MOONIE,

Dude ! Love th Flak-Target. It does take Me back to th 'Ol School & watching th Baa-Baas ! ... What's up with that Metal Medium ? I'm intrigued ! It looks like it Definitely Done You right !

How do you use th Metal Medium ? Is it used as an overcoat ? Do you mix th intended Base color with it ? It is like flecks of metal suspended in a clear , So You could clear coat it over a Base coat & have an instant 'Ol School 70's Metal Flake ?

Erik, that's it. All the above. you can mix it with other colors for the metal flake effect or without for chipping, concentrate it in an area and show it as a worn spot...just all sorts of things. I'll be playing with it again as I get close to chippin it up some. Nothing major mind ya.

MOONIE ,

Sah-Weet ! I like th sound of that Brotha' ! Now ... I gotta an excuse to go to th LHS & see if they have it & Play with it .

Give us an SbS Review ?? :yipee

:erik

Erik I better leave the SbS to you guys who can rock a review, I expect your take on it in by next week or so...:mpup

Slight update. Migs Neutral Wash applied.

F4U33.jpg

F4U34.jpg

Got some rough spots showing up. not sure if that's from Mr. Surfacer primer in which case I should have sanded more carefully, or from spraying paint in to the corners and the paint drying before hitting the model. either way I should have caught it before this point.

I was going to do more on the paint job but I got ahead of myself and installed the wings, not sure i can do that now. Maybe next build.

The Wingfold is not quite right, the starboard wing is good, port wing is a bit high and I can't get the brace to mate in place. So...I drilled out the hand of the mechanic and he'll be carrying the brace as if to go and install it on the other side.

thoughts??

From what I can see it looks fine at this stage, the neutral wash will look more convincing with with more of a flat finish on the model.

Its never too late to do more painting on a model so if you feel you need to touch up a few places go for it the only tricky part would be adding the masking to the areas with decals.

Matrixone

Looking very convincing MP. I'm still trying to adjust my eyes from that bright pink wrapping paper in the background! :blink :eek:hmy:

Thanks Les, I had planned on flattening forward of the cockpit as I've read this was the case for antiglare efforts. I thought of leaving the rest gloss because well, it's Gloss Sea Blue. Maybe just to knock it down some.

Dave that pink paper and little mermaids is from my Secret Santa on another forum. I think I know who it came from, if it ain't him, I'm worried about the rest...:mpup

Back