• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

A Gloster

looking good Christian!

If only some of the mainstream guys would quit producing mustangs, spitfires and 109's, maybe we'd get some more quality kits of the more unusual aircraft!

New company just came out with a new mold Hurricane MK I . Really being brapged about by my Brit friend .

1/72 HAWKER HURRICANE MK.I EXPERT SET in 1/72 by Arma Hobby which is a Polish company.

Would be cool if you built it on a catapult instead of pontoons :rotf

Cheers, C. B)

A lot of work going on here Chris and she's looking good. Well worth the effort. :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy (y) (y) (y) (y)
James

Actually James I've been goofing off on the ball court for several weeks now instead of building :drinks

This type of cockpits are really a pain to cobble together because none of the parts really fit since they don't have attaching points .
Oh well , it'll be downhill once I get past here . The fuselage looks like it will be easy to assemble :D

Cheers, C . B)

Time for another update . Sorry about the cockpit but I did not take . Let's say that I prefered the Pavla interior much better than what MPM. brought to the fight . ( It was made by Eduard anyhow ) :(

I must admit that I have been enjoying my time on the ball court better than in the model room , so the updates are going slow.

The fuselage got glued together . The backbone was no problem but the lower sections would not stay glued so I reinforced them with some srue on the inside.

ha76c4f6.jpg

After reinforcing the inner nose , I had to glue another piece of sprue to the outside and sand it down ( above )

hc969238.jpg

Once the pre trimmed fuselage was secured I thought I would be able to glue it to the wing assembly :bang head

h697f86a.jpg

As you can see, there was a horrible step where the fuselage and wings meet, so plastic had to be removed multiple times from the fuselage till it all fit.

h6b2d2e7.jpg

h02fb3cf.jpg

haf3b7d6.jpg

There will be some filling and sanding but I think that should go pretty good :)

Cheers, Christian B)

Hey Christian, this is coming along dandy! Good to hear that you are keeping active on the ball court.

I’ll have to tale a look for that new hurricane kit you mentioned. Just got back from another round of field work so I have some catching up

Time for another update . Sorry about the cockpit but I did not take any pictures. Let's say that I prefered the Pavla interior much better than what MPM. brought to the fight . ( It was made by Eduard anyhow ) :( . In the end, it still did not fit as well as I had hoped for :idonno

I must admit that I have been enjoying my time on the ball court better than in the model room , so the updates are going slow.

The fuselage got glued together . The backbone was no problem but the lower sections would not stay glued so I reinforced them with some srue on the inside.

ha76c4f6.jpg

After reinforcing the inner nose , I had to glue another piece of sprue to the outside and sand it down ( above )

hc969238.jpg

Once the pre trimmed fuselage was secured I thought I would be able to glue it to the wing assembly :bang head

h697f86a.jpg

As you can see, there was a horrible step where the fuselage and wings meet, so plastic had to be removed multiple times from the fuselage till it all fit.

h6b2d2e7.jpg

h02fb3cf.jpg

haf3b7d6.jpg

There will be some filling and sanding but I think that should go pretty good :)

Cheers, Christian B)

Hey Christian, this is coming along dandy! Good to hear that you are keeping active on the ball court.

I’ll have to tale a look for that new hurricane kit you mentioned. Just got back from another round of field work so I have some catching up

Hey Warren ! Good to see you here . You can find that Hurri at MJW.models.com . He really likes it ( Mike ) and those Brits are very serious about their birds .

Cheers, Christian B)

I thought I would have this thing in paint by now but this plastic is awful.

It mars without any force and chips with just a bit of pressure . The kit came with plenty of flaws in the finish .

Anyhow, I have been polishing to the best of my ability in order to get it ready.

h0f0004a.jpg

I added some missing detail to the back of the cockpit.

Looking at the bottom, I realised that it needed the belly tank installed . after some sanding and fitting it was close enough to attach it.
Some extra detail had to be added.

hcba76fa.jpg

Maybe more progress tomorrow.

PS. I hope the Eduard plastic is better.

Cheers, Christian B)

Very nice master

Glad I came back to follow this great Project. As always learning a lot from you.

Cheers

Alex

Glad you're feeling better Alex . Of course those pictures you posted failed to make us feel any warmer here. :rotf

I hope not to disappoint with this kit . This plastic is very strange . I have never seen plastic delaminate when I cut or scribe it. It acts like it was poured in layers and did not bond together . :bang head
I sincerely hope the Eduard Spitfires that are next act differently .

Cheers, C. B)

Back