• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

A Gloster

Well after some rounds of pickle ball and lunch I came home and abused some brass tubing .

This is what I came up with . It didn't photograph well
h5c64a51.jpg

h4476218.jpg

I see more grinding and sanding in my future....Savages ! :bang head

Getting ready for a club meet now :idonno

Cheers, Christian B)

Looks like you annealed the brass, I like the heated look! :dude

I did all but melted it trying to get more colors out of it.

When that didn't work I applied some Matt VA. and then mixed with some assorted MIG and AK pigment. rubbed it onto the still hot tubing :laugh: till I liked it :coolio
Finished with some sprayed Matt VA.

Cheers. C. B)

Nothing looks like metal than metal. No one can argue about the right colors that's for sure! :popcorn

In order to make that step disappear I chose to glue some styrene strips to the low part of the cowl and several hours latter sanded it down .

hab06383.jpg

Now to do the other side before polishing it.

Looking forward to moving on. I'm gonna have to make a jig for the outer wings since they only have butt joints :smack

Cheers, Christian B)

Wow, this took a lot more work than I had imagined :frantic

Sand , fill, sand , paint , cuss , repeat.

Finally got to a respectable place.

he73a469.JPG

Now to make a jig to align all the wing parts....

Cheers, Christian Bw

Looking really good Chris. I really should get back to mine. You're inspiring me to do it :)
James

That's showing it who is boss. :good:

Well , it was more time consuming than I had expected. That's for sure .

Now comes an even better part once the wings are attached . Seems they forgot that they should be the same thickness :blink

Oh well it's only plastic and files :fencing

h720586a.jpg

h2c718be.jpg

Hope you were not looking fro something fancy. Betty Crocker gave up her all for this

Two stop and a 6 degree dihedral... No big deal.

Cheers, Christian B)

Back