• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

A Gloster

Nah , my bad. That picture was not taken to show the cracks. I just thought it would serve the purpose because I could see them .

Don't feel bad , I've been using them for years . I first figured it out when I could no longer thread a papper seatbelt through a 1/72 belt buckle .

Notice you don't see them marketed anymore :rotf

Cheers, Christian B)

Really frustrated over this canopy situation but have decided to press on a bit further . Nothing wrong with some extra cure time on the paint.

Maybe there's a solution on the horizon. :skipper

For those of you that can't see the cracks , here's an obvious shot . The other is just as bad but needs another picture for good visibility.

hb627d5e.jpg

I could not determine when the exterior ammo chutes were added but the instructions show them and I sort of like that extra rugged look that they add.

hff2c30f.jpg

Had to drill them out :woohoo: This would have been a good item for some resin detail.

Finally , I cleaned it up , mixed some nondescript mixture of gray MrSurfacer and primed it.

h6839bcb.jpg

Will look it over for possible issues latter.

Cheers, Christian B)

Really frustrated over this canopy situation but have decided to press on a bit further . Nothing wrong with some extra cure time on the paint.

For those of you that can't see the cracks , here's an obvious shot . The other is just as bad but needs another picture for good visibility.

hb627d5e.jpg

Ewwww! I have found that a fair amount of clear can be brittle. It has made me try to clip it away from the part or I will use my jewelers saw to saw it off. Do you have any options going on to replace this? Hope it all works out!

hb627d5e.jpg

Ewwww! I have found that a fair amount of clear can be brittle. It has made me try to clip it away from the part or I will use my jewelers saw to saw it off. Do you have any options going on to replace this? Hope it all works out!

I was using the finest tooth saw I have..... Very carefully I might add . Never seen plastic like this before :sick:

I'll figure something out. Waiting on MPM right now.

Cheers, C. B)

Oh Wow!!!! That is obvious!!!!!!

Wish i had some advice! Canopies are usually the problem with unfinished kits! I've always thought it would be a good idea for manufacturers to include two canopies with each kit. Good luck on that one!

Oh Wow!!!! That is obvious!!!!!!

Wish i had some advice! Canopies are usually the problem with unfinished kits! I've always thought it would be a good idea for manufacturers to include two canopies with each kit. Good luck on that one!

Thanks Mr Bob. I can't find anyone with a fix besides R & R but that's Ok . I'm used to lousy kits. I'll come up with something .

Cheers, C. B)

Thank Luiz :good:

Last night I doctored up the few issues I found and polished it up today .

Another coat of mixed MrSurfacer to reprime those places .

h075a987.jpg

Not quite as handy as the Tamiya rattle can but a lot more controllable . Great stuff :good:

Cheers, C. B)

All that time on the Ball Court...........
You don't know your own strength. Bummer about your canopy.
She's looking stellar otherwise!
:good:
(y)
:ro:

Nasty crack in there Chris. Would it be possible to make a mold of the inside and one of the outside and then use clear resin to make the canopy? Not sure if I have ever seen a Vac canopy for this bird. :popcorn
James

Nasty crack in there Chris. Would it be possible to make a mold of the inside and one of the outside and then use clear resin to make the canopy? Not sure if I have ever seen a Vac canopy for this bird. :popcorn
James

Still hoping to get a replacement from Special Models .

I sent them another reminder last night but it seems that since they bought Azur and MPM models , they no longer have a person.
Instead, I got an exact duplicate of the last response which must be computer generated . :S

" Dear customer,
We have safely received your claims form and your request will be dealt with as soon as possible.
Kind regards
Your Special Hobby team "

Whatever that mean :idonno They probably should read their mail since I told them this is posted on the internet . Nothing like word of mouth publicity :eek:hmy:

Anyhow , sprayed some silver paint this morning .

h19e3faf.jpg

Looks about like the right shade at this point .

Cheers, C. B)

James

I have not either James . Pavla makes two versions . The F3 and an F1 . I think they are slightly different .
At any rate , I'm trying to be patient and wait on MPM ( Special Hobby ) and see what happens before getting more drastic.

I'm sure if Rhino was closer, he'd wip up a mold and we'd vacuum one. Alas he is in the other great white North
:java

Cheers, Christian B)

Back