• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

A Gloster

:notworthy Not an easy model to make. :notworthy
She's looking quite Meteor-ish. :good:

It's questionable at best Chris . MPM , Azur and Special Hobby seem to outdo each other to see who can get further under the bar of excellence .

Sort of scares me about the upcoming Eduards kits :frantic

Cheers, C. B)

As luck would have it , the canopy situation has not gone according to plan . I sawed them into three pieces .

The first problem was that the rear section shattered as I was trying to saw it off the nub :sick:

hf41c039.JPG

The windscreen does not fit flush to the fuselage in all place ( it would draw glue inside )

hc507be8.JPG

So as a fix, I rolled some small amounts of Apoxie where the gaps were and glued the windscreen where the joints were good. I then coated the joints with MrSurfacer so I can polish it smooth.

The other two pieces are glued with Micro crystal clear until
MPM send me a replacement canopy.

h42e27e3.JPG

So, I guess it's going to be on the shelf till parts come in :idonno Guess I'll work on something already in progress till then .

Cheers, Christian B)

Bummer. I'm thinking I'll build my 1/72 Cyberhobby Meteor and be a happy guy.
his heyer look like a pain in the tuchas!
God love you, Chris for your tenacity!
:good:

As luck would have it , the canopy situation has not gone according to plan . I sawed them into three pieces .

The first problem was that the rear section shattered as I was trying to saw it off the nub :sick:

hf41c039.JPG

The windscreen does not fit flush to the fuselage in all place ( it would draw glue inside )

hc507be8.JPG

So as a fix, I rolled some small amounts of Apoxie where the gaps were and glued the windscreen where the joints were good. I then coated the joints with MrSurfacer so I can polish it smooth.

h42e27e3.JPG

So, I guess it's going to be on the shelf till parts come in :idonno Guess I'll work on something already in progress till then .

Cheers, Christian B)

As I said before, you´re doing a great job...very inspiring for me, because my next one will be a Gloster Meteor...a full resin kit , in the 1/72 scale :frantic

Cheers.

Luiz.

That kit has really been a mine field, but it sounds like you have a plan. (y)

I do Mike if MPM or whoever actually runs it now day sends me a canopy ( They have replied ) I believe it's doable .

I thought of painting it as is till the new part comes in but I'm afraid it will just cause more problems latter.

Cheers, Christian B)

Bummer. I'm thinking I'll build my 1/72 Cyberhobby Meteor and be a happy guy.
his heyer look like a pain in the tuchas!
God love you, Chris for your tenacity!
:good:

Thanks Chris . The Cyberhobby kit looks like a real gem . Too bad there's no options to make it a latter livery .

Terribly happy that God is willing to accept me flaws and all, otherwise I would be in deep kimchi ....

This too shall pass . Cheers, Christian B)

hf41c039.JPG

hc507be8.JPG

h42e27e3.JPG

Cheers, Christian B)

As I said before, you´re doing a great job...very inspiring for me, because my next one will be a Gloster Meteor...a full resin kit , in the 1/72 scale :frantic

Cheers.

Luiz.

Thanks Luiz . I hope yours is more agreeable at being assembled . I have rounded up a lot of pictures if you need a reference .

What Mark is it ? I have no idea if I'll get parts before yours is finished . Do take note that they were painted silver , not bare metal .

Cheers, Christian B)

Doesn't look like you had any issues with the canopy, looks good from here. :popcorn

Better shine your monocle and take another gander Pup . There are two 1/4" crack running from rear towards the front.

That picture does not make it real obvious.

Cheers, Christian B)

No progress to report today . My wife's surgery made half the day disappear with surgery .

Spent the remainder of the day seeing to her needs. I think she will mend well .

Bet none of your wives had such a valentine present this year .

Cheers, Christian B)

Christian, maybe I'm missing something in the photo, but looks like a good canopy save to me!!

Best wishes for a speedy recovery for your bride!

Bob

Christian, maybe I'm missing something in the photo, but looks like a good canopy save to me!!

Best wishes for a speedy recovery for your bride!

Bob

Not a real good picture to show the two cracks Mr Bob . They start in the middle of the aft edge and go towards the front.

I have not found anyone claim to know how to repair any cracks in clear plastic.

Even on real airplanes . Drill cracks to keep them from spreading and replace when you get a new one.

Hopefully they will send a replacement soon.

Cheers, Christian B)

Well, for what it's worth, I've been modeling probably longer than anybody on this website, and fixing a cracked canopy is a mystery to me!

Maybe chalk it up to really old eyes! If it wasn't for Optivisors, I would have been an ex-modeler long ago! :yipee

Hang in there, you'll deal with it!

Bob

Back