• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

A Gloster

I might have a Meteor canopy in Chuck's box of airplane parts. I'll have me look-see!
Don't hold your breath, sir!

I might have a Meteor canopy in Chuck's box of airplane parts. I'll have me look-see!
Don't hold your breath, sir!

It would have to be something pretty recent Chris . Most of the Meteor kits ( older ) where about the very early Meteors and that canopy was very different .

This one is mid run . Sort of in between the early and the Mk 8 's . I have an old Airfix but I have not got that desperate yet :v
Cheers, C. B)

Started to put on decals today . All that silver was begging for some color. A lot more to go.
hf471e0c.jpg

Actually got a real reply from Special Hobby . Might have something after a while :)

Cheers, Christian B)

No soap on a canopy from Chuck's big box of airplane parts. Spitfire, P-61, T-33. No Meteors. :(

I have been piddling with this build . I don't want to install the gear and little tidbits before I can deal with the canopy

All the decals were installed in three sessions . A lot of small decals. On a positive note, I must say that this was the high point of the kit . Some of the best decals ever :good:

h91bd2b5.jpg

h3d95e2a.jpg

Some washes were also done.

h811f2ed.jpg

Need to do some detail painting and the gear parts next . Maybe the canopy will be here soon... :hmmm

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks Mike, Mr. Bob and James for commenting on my thread .

The Gloster saga continues :S Not bad though .

As I was getting ready to mask for the next color I noticed a paint blob on the engine cowl and a rubbed out place on the tail :hmmm

So, after some fine sanding and a lot of masking ( I hate it ) . Concerned about not damaging any decals or pulling up the AK. silver paint :blink

h1dbda1e.jpg

Don't have much experience with the xtreme yet but it held up well :good:

h7676b4d.jpg

The paint looks a bit brighter , so I'll have to do another fiter .

Gonna play it safe and wait 24 hours to let it cure :coolio

Drat, still no canopy in the mail :smack

Cheers, Christian B)

As I was getting ready to mask for the next color I noticed a paint blob on the engine cowl and a rubbed out place on the tail :hmmm

So, after some fine sanding and a lot of masking ( I hate it ) . Concerned about not damaging any decals or pulling up the AK. silver paint :blink

h1dbda1e.jpg

h7676b4d.jpg

Cheers, Christian B)

That's some masking! :popcorn

h1dbda1e.jpg

h7676b4d.jpg

Cheers, Christian B)

That's some masking! :popcorn

Yeah, I have thought that the cling plus would work really well but it has not . :(

I have seen some guys using tinfoil . Gonna have to try that . At least it would stay where you bend it to. :idonno

Cheers, C. B)

Back