• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

A Gloster

Well, let's kick this a bit further .

After finding out the intake engine issues , I decided to come up with a compromise and built some intakes for the MK 4 engines.

h13b02d9.jpg

The plastic tubing was not the diameter but it was close enough that when I installed two liners of .010 sheet styrene it became a near perfect fit.
Notice the larger intake for the MK 8 meteor siting by itself .

The middle wing section is not yet assembled . I'm still wondering if I want to try mess with the speed boards.

h216ecf5.jpg

h3d6f336.JPG

Well , short answer is " No " . They don't even match . Would have been cool though :idonno
That was easy . Now I can move on . :popcorn

Cheers, Christian B)

Of coarse you would make new intakes. I expected nothing less. I am surprised you aren't attacking the speed brake challenge.
:popcorn

Interesting Christian! I don't know much about the early jets. I knew there were some odd jet engines out there in the early '50s and '60s and had seen the ones with the canisters but never realized what the deal was with them.

You caught my interest.
h7810e5b.jpg

Of coarse you would make new intakes. I expected nothing less. I am surprised you aren't attacking the speed brake challenge.

Dealing with the thickness of the plastic is a challenge .

Trying to fit a thin piece of that PE. that is wider than the given space ( plastic ) is a worthy fight , given the little it would add to the kit.

Multiply that times four adds up to a lot of work ... oh, did I mention building the cavities that they fit in ?
Complicated stuff.

h0968a89.jpg

Going to see what scribbing does for them .

Anyone out there have different view on this ?

Cheers, Christian B)

Press on I did
h1a98356.JPG

Installed PE in the wells and painted them and glue the engine faces together.
heed33eb.jpg

Wing halves were assemble and saded down. You know, not much is going to go willingly .

h442ffb0.JPG

so , had to pull the intake back out and get some power tools

h152d942.JPG

Never the less , we got there .6

h152d942.JPG

Not much was agreeable so we got the heavy duty stuff out

hb62b15b.jpg

h0c0e65f.JPG

Finally got the intakes to fit as they should . But even so, they had to be tweaked to fit. Still needs to be rescribed.

hf0c2642_2018-12-05.JPG

Plenty of grinding and sanding to get it to be streamlined .

The other side tomorrow. Cheers, Christian B)

Gotta love the sanding drum! :good:

It made short work of the inside interference but I could not trust it on the outer cowls.

Still have plenty of those wonderful sanding sticks . Had to use the coarsest one last night .

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks guys for your interest and comments :good:

After spending so much energy on the end that sucks ( no pun here )

I'm gonna look at the end that blows ( still no pun ).

The real thing .
h3f1ac48.jpg

The kit parts.

h2533085.JPG

Not exactly what I was hoping for . :coolio

Trip to hobby Lobby for tubing :soldier More latter.

Cheers, Christian B)

Well, I think that's the idea . With a 40 % coupon though it only blows at 60 % .

Now I have enough tubing to do a whole fleet of these :facepalm at least I did not have to sing the metric/standard blues

Cheer, Christian B)

Punt?
Forget it, he's on a roll.

Thanks Bob . The words were really meant to be pun . Sometimes the foreigner still to trips me up . Particularly if I'm tired. :laugh:

On the other hand I see people who are English speakers make glaring errors . Now that's even more funny :rotf

Cheers, C. B)

Ps. I'll punt when I get back to the house :drinks

Back