• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Zugkraftwagen 5t "Diana" Sd.Kfz.6/3 by Bronco 1/35

Yep one in the same

Close, but NOT the same. The one used in the Marder III (Panzerjäger 38(t) für 7.62cm PaK36(r)) is a modified gun designed to take the cartridge from a PaK-40 with the projectile of the 76.2mm Russian shell. It also has a double baffle muzzle brake installed. A bunch of other small changes were done to allow German sights and so on... this modified gun was also used on the Marder II (Panzer Selbstfahrlafette 1 für 7.62cm PaK36(r) auf Fahrgestell PzKpfw II, Ausf D1 und D2).

This is important to know as the ammunition does look different and is marked differently.

The F-22 gun on this vehicle, the SdKfz 6 mit 7.62 cm FK 36(r), uses the same ammunition as the F-34 76.2mm gun on the T-34 tank.

This is a great build and making me look at the kit in my stash.

Regards,

We should have got a special section on the forum called:

NOT SURE????......ASK SHARKMOUTH!!! :)

Thanks for your info,Saúl! (y)

Greetings,Ron.

I believe "Diana" is a knockin at the door. :D
100_0994.jpg

Have a good evening people
Tony lee

That is awesome Tony, looks like a really fun kit to build.

(Gonna have to get me one of those...)
Tom

You're right Pup it is. I think i'll rename her "Hillary" :hmmm

Well Tom where the heck have you been bud? Yep it's really been as fun as if it was designed by Tamiya,
everything fits. (y)

It's almost Friday folks :drinks
Tony lee

It's Friday YEEeeeeaaaaa :drinks

I was going to build the Diana pretty much right out of the box other than the axle mods but the storage box at the rear of the gun deck just screamed at me to do a little something extra so here goes.

The top level of the storage box is for personal gear. The second level for ammo and the third I think was for tool storage since there are none mounted on the exterior.
My urge was to show some ammo. The canvas cover flaps leave a lot to be desired.
100_0995.jpg

First I cut out one of the compartments and also added a partition panel.
100_0996.jpg

Next came the ammo racks to hold 8 rounds. The Diana carried 32 rounds so 4X8=32. :hmmm
100_0997.jpg

For the canvas flaps I used the foil liner from a cigarett pack since it had some fine texture and the smooth side was cut out for tie belts.
100_0998.jpg

When painted I think it will do nicely.

Have super great weekend everybody
Tony lee :)

I'm going to leave the back door open so that open rear side of the storage bin has got to go.
100_1000-1.jpg

A small strip of plastic yard sale sign will take care of that.
100_1001.jpg

Hope the coon hounds weren't under there. :eek:hmy:
Tony lee

Back