• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Zeitreisemaschinenwagen! - Build # 1

You might try a very thin blue wash. The blue lighting on the time coils was behind an aluminum mesh.

This is a reference photo from the DeAgostini BTTF build community. You can see the mesh in the photos. Maybe even a black wash to bring out the mesh, then a little blue in the middle areas if you want a glow to it.

48429415_1255196941285997_517116733908058112_n.jpg

That's cool, I never knew they were a mesh.

I might try a little thinned blue as a test spot and see how it looks. After thinking it over though, I'm about 70/30 for leaving them silver.
A little blue would look nice against the grey!

This is getting close to a finish. I taped off the front plywood box holding the modified time circuits and painted that up, added some lead wire for wiring and drilling out the clear vacuum tube pieces and adding a drop of copper paint for some detail.

IMG_4296.JPG

IMG_4297.JPG

Tried to give it a wood effect: I painted it in Buff, then added some red brown, followed by a brush coat of thinned out clear orange.and added little red sqiggles on the 4 corners to simulate the "Pepsi" logos.

IMG_4298.JPG

IMG_4299.JPG

So, the car is all together now, just need to do a little weathering on the wheels and body and then just have to finish painting and trying to weather the tracks. I'll put this aside for a bit though as I need to get back on the PBY!

IMG_4300.JPG

IMG_4301.JPG

Last edited:
i like it :vgood:

PS
Just came back from the supermarket ........ looks like it didn't work
no_talk.gif

Thanks guys!

Dave, no ambush pattern. I had considered a desert colour but thought in the end German grey would be best suited!

Thanks everyone!

I'm glad I finished it too. Wish I had got the other one done as well but, that's the way life goes sometimes!

Back