• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Your Best Build

Dunno why I've never contributed to this thread... no matter, I'm going to now:

Two best car builds so far...

4_2018-06-02.jpg

Tamiya 911 GT2, black plastic to this shiny red & white was a real test, as was masking around those very curvy rear arches.

doneh.jpg

Revell Chevy Stepside, de-chroming and gently weathering this 'daily drive' - another 'first'. Got such an 'achievement kick' from this one, hard to believe it's almost four years old now.

Best AFV builds....

Marder.jpg

My first ever German armour 'finish' from the end of 2018 - Tamiya's perfect wee Marder IIIM. No new techniques, just applied a LOT of proven techniques from folks her - you know who you are - and from YT tutorials. Actually finished a 'German' build !!

fin 9.jpg

Everything came together with this Easy 8. Modulation & fading, weathering, stowage and even construction. Set m'self a h*ll of a benchmark when I finished this in January but I'm so pleased with how this came-out....

Lightning 3.jpg

Thirty year old kit and decals.... Love my Lightning. Won a couple of National awards in 2018 and still turns heads when folks come to the house !

B-25 1.jpg

Yep the Airfix B-25 from last year. Again was placed and won in a number of National competition categories last year, so I must be doing something right.

AFN, Happy & safe Easter to everyone here at MA. Best from NZ.

Ian.

Bumping this back up for our new members and the new site. Post one or two photos of what you consider your best build to date and why.

this is an odd one built for my business. It was made in kit form by a guy who works in the design room at jaguar land rover using their prototype/model making equip, i presume its scanned into a computer program as i had to lend him a complete engine in parts, and then 3D printed or similar
First picture shows the scale of a real head to the model

DSC_0620.JPG

DSC_0619.JPG

after a lot of cleaning up and the addition of as many screws etc as i could source scaled down i have this. Tamiya paints except push rod tubes which are BMF

DSC_0760.JPG
DSC_0761.JPG

Last edited:
Wow, that is so realistic! What would you call the scale? :tens:

hi Mike, i would think its about 3rd size based on some M6 screws i replaced with M2 and they look about right. I was tempted to do the side covers Alclad but its quite a large area to get even so in the end i went for silver and polished it back to high gloss and left the crankcases matt finish to contrast.

My best build so far for sure is the Testors B-2 in 1/72, that beast took me almost a year, if I remember correctly - it all started with a group build in here ... don't go searching for the old postings - somewhere 2012 or 2011 - you only will find text in there. My email used that days was hacked and missused so I deleted everything related to it, also all images ...

20120929163808s.jpg

P1070876.jpg

P1070892.jpg

P1070894.jpg

P1070895.jpg

P1080034.jpg

another thing I almost everytime did ... let them fly
P1070612.jpg

Yeah, that was a fantastic build! Seeing it again makes me want to pull out one and re-build it to replace the one that was stolen. I really should!

Wow the skills youse-guys show is indeed impressive-I learn so much watching y’all!

Mike that T-62 us a sweet one

I am still learning so much that my latest always seems to wind up being my bestest, so in this case it’s gonna be my IDF Centurion. It still has a bit to go but I really think it to be my best so far get-sher921D726D-87C4-47DF-9920-4E693B0EA71E.jpeg2F6606CB-33F9-4DC7-9394-C407B8F87F99.jpegA0CDAADA-59AC-44A1-BA04-127806BBCF37.jpeg13B47BF8-AF1F-41D7-A74C-F0A0D7DE610F.jpeg

Back