• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Yet another *Completed*

agentg

Here's a teaser for one of my currently "in progress" projects.

I began with this.

Found this online, (For discussion only. It was a stand alone graphic so I have no idea who to credit).

I cast resin parts from kit pieces.

Spoiler alert.

G

Yet another

Looking good so far (y) So how do you like these Cyber Hobby Panzer III's? I've got the Flammpanzer version in the stash that I've been tempted by lately.

Yet another

Nerdling, DML's line of Panzer III's is arguably one of he best series of kits they ever produced.

I recently picked up another older PzIIIG from the "Imperial Series" because I like them so much.

This Befehlswagen conversion is just as easy on the older kit as a newer one. I would need the older kit anyway for the pre/early war gun mantlet. I have another of these coming as well.

The only advantage to newer boxings are the having Magic Tracks seperated in their own bags as opposed to cutting them off the sprues.

G

Yet another

Thank you gents.

Luiz, replicating that was a long thought out process. I finally built it from two different diameters of styrene rod,styrene sheet, brass tube, aluminum tube and craft beads.

I actually amazed myself with how good it came out!

G

Yet another

Here are some shots from the final mockup before paint.

The main gun was a dummy so the ball mounted machine gun was all they had. I scratchbuilt the mount from a spare engine cover sheet, rod and putty.

G

Yet another

Thank you all!

I primed it with my favorite Panzer Gray enamel, Floquil's SP Lark Dark Gray. I stencilled the DAK palm with Tamiya Flat White.

After mixing several Tamiya colors I arrived at RAL 8000. A few additional mixes gave me RAL 7008.

G

Yet another

This will give you a hint as to where I will take this.

A bit of weathering.

The chipping and worn paint is just visible under the dust. Just like real life in North Africa.

G

Back