• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Yellowed Vac parts!

sharkman

Master at Arms
I think I already know the answer to this but is there anyway to bring a yellowed vac canopy back to its former crystal self??

:frantic

Holy crap! Seen where you can put decals in direct sunlight and it will remove yellowing, don't know if it applies here.

As soon as I am done with the IAR I will do a how to on making a plaster mold and a fresh vac from these sorry, spoiled canopies. Alas, the discoloration is irreversible, but all is not lost. Please pear with me- the finish line is in sight at last!

As soon as I am done with the IAR I will do a how to on making a plaster mold and a fresh vac from these sorry, spoiled canopies. Alas, the discoloration is irreversible, but all is not lost. Please pear with me- the finish line is in sight at last!

Thanks Chuk! That would be helpful! WOuld it be like what you did with the Me410?

I'm trying something in the meantime, Olddog (Gary) mentioned that someone over on LSP said to try using hydrogen peroxide. Experiment in progress!!

:hmmm

Back