• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Yellow Perril

Paulw

OK, I have this Cessna T-50 Bobcat as my signature pic. In the near future I am gonna buy this kit and paint it in the same scheme. I really don't want to stuff up a glossy yellow scheme so I would like some instruction on yellow. I know how difficult it is to make it look proper so any help would be appreciated.
:side:

Easy, prime with a thin coat of flat white and then spray on flat yellow. Its far easier to add a clear gloss coat to flat paint if you need a glossy surface, gloss yellow might give you trouble getting good thin even coverage.

Matrixone

I'd say the same thing Paul. Paint like white and yellow and red seems to lay better when you use flat and then gloss coat it after.I havent used a white base coat for yellow before, but it makes sense. Looking forward to seeing how it comes out.
James

Sounds like the way to go, but I would practice on some scrap first.

Colors can look a bit darker once they are gloss coated.

Tom

Back