• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

YB-49 in 1/200

Hell yeah! Congrats.

I concur on the decision to skip the panel line wash. Even 1/72 it's a bit much as far as realism (at least on the non-removable panels). Works great for accentuating the detail though.

Came out pretty well Gary. Hard to believe it's 1/200 (y) (y) (y)

Gonna be hard to park amongst the others .

Cheers, Christian B)

OK, calling this one done, came close to seeing if it would fly like a boomerang but was afraid it might come back. A few notes, I decided this was too small to be playing games with NMF. In the end it got a coat of primer followed by a single coat of Floquil bright silver. This produced a better finish than anything I've ever gotten from Alclad. Decals had a matte finish which made them way too obvious so I ended up gloss coating after they were set. The walkway decals didn't want to cooperate and scale wise were much too wide anyway. No tail numbers were supplied and would have been too small to make anyway. I didn't do a panel line wash because I felt they were a bit to noticeable as it was. Most every thing fit pretty well except the leading edge glass areas and I had some leakage under the tape when I painted which was a PITA to remove. For the scale it looks OK to me, you would need a magnifier to zoom in on the defects anyway...

b49-b06.jpg

b49-b07.jpg

Now THAT bad boy is K-E-W-L
b49-b08.jpg

b49-b09.jpg

b49-b10.jpg

b49-b11.jpg

And one for size comparison with last years B-70

b49-b12.jpg

Thanks for looking !

Back