• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

YB-49 in 1/200

Old Dog

Sorry, I have a hard time thinking of 1/72 as micro so again this time I'm going 1/200, this will give me a chance to practice NMF without wasting a lot of paint ;)

yb-49start01.jpg

yb-49start21.jpg

Not a lot of parts but like the B-70 I did last time some of them are really tiny !

Sorry, I have a hard time thinking of 1/72 as micro so again this time I'm going 1/200, this will give me a chance to practice NMF without wasting a lot of paint ;)

yb-49start01.jpg

yb-49start21.jpg

Not a lot of parts but like the B-70 I did last time some of them are really tiny !

:rotf :rotf I agree, that's my normal scale :woohoo:

Looking forward to an XB 49 in any scale :good:

Cheers, Christian B)

neat! Perhaps it's finest hour? Love it in this old movie!

Note that screenwriters at this time did not know much about nuclear radiation & fallout

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9mTb2ke23s

Well, with the month rapidly waning and the knowledge that I would be away from home a couple days near the end of the month I figured I best get busy. first up was the interior which had an amazing dozen parts, some so tiny I had trouble just picking them up. Painting was a challenge as well with my shaky old hands but I managed to smear some paint on the seats, floor and control panels. Once installed precious little will show through the small and rather thick for the scale clear parts...

b49-b01.jpg

b49-b02.jpg

The small out of focus item is the gunners station in the rear.

A center of gravity test showed that it would be a tail sitter without some weight ahead of the main landing gear so I kept adding in places where it wouldn't interfere till it sat solid on the nose wheel...

b49-b03.jpg

Like many Dragon kits the instructions aren't a lot of help, one of the interior parts was not called out and the kit comes with two sets of main gear, the only detectable difference be the length with one set being about 1/32" longer (loaded and unloaded ?) No color call outs either. Oh well, that's what modeling is all about I guess. More coming soon, thanks for looking !

What no seat harnesses??? Just kidding Gary. I'm surprised Eduard doesn't make an extensive PE suite for that cockpit and charge $25 for it!

I think your paint work turned out great for that scale. It's funny that would be a tail sitter too. I would never have thought that.

Neat cockpit layout, I didn't know it had so many crew. Looking good Gary, no doubt you'll bring it in on time. :popcorn

Very Nice job Gary ... Excellent Pit ... I have a Vac-U-form one of these I was going to done on another site ... so all this helps as the crew section needed to be built from scratch ... then the build went away with the Forum ... I was going to do all off them from the 35 to the 49 ... So I bought the Italia plastic kit to look at ... :pilot (y)

Back