• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Working out a new product (second attempt added).

ausf

Master at Arms
1/16 oak leaves in both Spring and Autumn varieties.

These are the first off the line, just testing out the applications. I'll do a better presentation and get better photos, ut I'm curious to your opinions.

h2558cd8.jpg

h84c31e0.jpg

Working out a new product.

Thanks guys.

It's acrylic impregnated paper. The Autumn ones were glued in layers, then wet and 'posed' with tweezers. The Spring version were glued at the stem to a wire 'branch', then posed. Both were glued with PVA.

I'm going to do some more examples as I mess around some more.

Those look brilliant Ausf!!

Can you do anything in 1/35 scale? I'm getting a little tired of
looking at birch tree seeds...

Tom

Thanks guys. B)

Tom, you're tired of birch seed...I'm sitting on piles of these, I think I'm going to start mixing them into my oatmeal just to get rid of them:

h8f3d59d_2015-01-14.jpg

I've never come across good artificial leaves in 1/35. Plus Model has (or had) some years ago, but they were kind of large (about the size of a 1/35 boot) and pretty expensive. It's just tool small.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnAD_KULFBo&list=RDkT3wnfqTTgo

Thanks again guys.

I got a chance to play around some more. I wanted to make a muddy base, but it ended up more a wet, marshy mess:

h48d15b9.jpg

Here's the four steps, 50 leaves were added at a time, totaling 150, then Future with a drop of Vallejo Smoke filled the voids:

h6d10620.jpg

(y) (y) (y)

Looking forward to see them in 1/35 ;)

Glad to see that there is someone who adress the problems of missing leaves, they make dioramas look so much more realistic.

//Mats

Thanks guys.

Unfortunately 1/35 is too small for this process.

By the way Ron, the Zelt is pretty awesome. That's some serious engineering in such a simple product.

Yeah too bad there isn't a comparable set in 1/35th. Have to remember that these are a touch more than double the size of 1/35th as well.

Excellent looking mud base with the wet leaves!! (y) (y)

Yep, I just need to hammer out some packaging and website work. I wanted to do a bit on making the branch to go hand in hand with releasing them.

If you need them yesterday, let me know I can get some to you ASAP. ;)

No, no great hurry. Just remembered I was going to try to make some leaves
for a 1/16 scale project, but these look much easier.

Thanks!

Tom

Back