• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

WingNuts Albatros

Big10

Hey all, finally got this one finished. Used wood grain decals from Uschi van der Rosten, turnbuckles from Gaspatch, engine stuff from Taurus Models and other odd and ends.

Been working on a figure to go alone with a base for the model.

Hope you like.

I was so impressed with this kit, being my first Wingnuts, that I am getting stuff together to build their Gotha.

Definitely a top notch build as far as I'm concerned . (y) (y) (y)

I have to say though that with all the nice things I see in this build, the fake laminate wood prop is my favorite.

A lot of people try to paint them but I think this is extremely realistic.

Cheers, Christian B)

That came out great!
Way to bring it home.
I'll be looking forward to the bomber.

Cheers,

Bill

Superb.

Are the screw/rivet(?) details part of the Uschi or did you add them?

Such a crisp, clean build, your detail and decal work is fantastic.

I agree regarding WnW. The Albie was the only one I've done and to me the set the bar for all styrene kits. I'm eager to build another.

Is that a water droplet on the wing in the cockpit closeup?

Thanks all, I must note that the prop is wrong, It was a poor attempt at trying prop lamination and will try a different approach on my next one. Once I realize my mistake it was too late.

As for as the nail heads, they are from HGW and highly recommended.

Thanks again all, now its on to the Gotha.

Back