• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Why do I bother.

jknaus

Administrator
:bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head
I've bought from Lucky Models a few times and every order has been screwed up in some way. I wanted some masks that I can only find at Lucky Model and figured okay, try again. It was sent from Hong Kong to California. Okay maybe there is no direct flight to Canuckistan from the Far East. The part though that has left me scratching my head is that it is now in Germany. Now evidently this was sent DHL which would lead me to think a couple of days to Canada and a couple more to get to my area. But why Germany????? How long will it be now?? :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head

I too bother. I have an order from Lucky Model in pending status as they get the sets together.

AI 480071 MiG-21 MF/Bis/SMT pilot w/ ejection seat 1
BIG49107 MiG-25PD/PDS FOXBAT 1/48 For KITTY HAWK 1 RESERVED FROM INCOMING SHIPMENT 1 - ETA Sep 10 2014
LF1033 M48A3 Tank Accessory set 1 FULL RESERVED - WAITING OTHER ITEM ARRIVAL
PE 35610 Modern US M48A3 Mod.B Basic (Gun barrel/Machine Gun Include)

Regards,

I've heard too many times about the, now I don't bother. Life is good from the Brothers of Sprue...

Why do you bother?...

....Is it because youre an optimist (You know glass half full kinda chap) :D

Small update, seems Eduard delivery was early:

AI 480071 MiG-21 MF/Bis/SMT pilot w/ ejection seat 1 Pending
BIG49107 MiG-25PD/PDS FOXBAT 1/48 For KITTY HAWK 1 FULL RESERVED - WAITING OTHER ITEM ARRIVAL
LF1033 M48A3 Tank Accessory set 1 FULL RESERVED - WAITING OTHER ITEM ARRIVAL
PE 35610 Modern US M48A3 Mod.B Basic (Gun barrel?Machine Gun Include) 1 Pending

So now I wait for Aires and Voyager Model shipments. Brothers of Sprue require shipping charges. I can live the small wait.

Regards,

James - I'm going to guess its DHL. I have had nothing but problems with DHL. Hell even the USPS is better then DHL! I had two similar problems with DHL. The tracking item showed delivered but it wasn't on my door step. So I called and was told that the tracking info was in error, it would be delivered the next day. Same thing for next to nights, third night I called and basically said WTF??? Where's my stuff??? Basically they just didn't deliver it until I called and yelled! Got it that night, but it was very quietly placed on my porch so I couldn't hear them.

Next day I called the place I had order the part from (it was car part) and told them what happened - they stopped using DHL.

I've always had good luck with lucky models - of course I'm in California!

Keep you chin up buddy, your model will have the most miles on it by far! :evil:
and sorry - had to take the opportunity to bash DHL!

Mike

I have bought from luck model a few times and had no problems with postage to Australia, even beats some domestic mail.

I have used Lucky twice... both times were horrible... such bitter memories require years of therapy... I had better luck ordering from Poland!

Canuckistan! Love it! what is the capital of that country. OneBeerabad?

I've only used Lucky once, and it went just fine. Took about 3 weeks to get an Avionic's cockpit set.

So far its the only time I've ordered internationally, and something I'd really prefer to not do again if its something I can help. I very much prefer to order from within the US, mostly for the ability to track items & such much more accurately.

Back