• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Whew, I'm back!

tomwes

Some of you may be thinking "whats he talking about, he's back" well last Sunday I got home from work and wasn't feeling too good, anxious, heartburn, jaw hurting and fingertips tingling. Decided I better drive myself to the local ER and see whats going on, the hospital is 1 1/2 miles from my house, got there and walked in and said I thought I was having a heart attack...and I was! They got me settled down and Monday they did a procedure through my groin to see what was going on and determined I had 95% blockage on 4 arteries. Tuesday morning had quadruple by-pass surgery and everything went well so today about 2:00 pm they kicked me out of the hospital and told me not to come back. At the age of 49 I just got my wake-up call and will be better to myself from now on. I have lot's of catching up to do here and I just may be able to finish a kit or two cuz I won't be working for the next 6-8 weeks. ;)

Glad to be able to participate in the human race!

Tom

Wow Tom!!! I thought you were busy with work getting the growing season ready. Quadruple by-pass!? Man, how are you feeling now? did they do it with the full open chest type operation? I know what my Dad went through healing up from that.

Glad to have you back Tom! Now, lets talk about the exercise program we're going to get into. :mpup

Hiya Bob, Yea the doc's cracked me open to fix me, now I'm held together with some titanium wire wrapped around my sternum and superglue holding the incision together. The operation took 2.5 hours to do then the ICU for less than 24 hours then regular room. They mad me go for a walk less than 24 hours after the surgery, my drainage tubes were pulled Thursday and I probably could have talked them into releasing me Friday but didn't push it. I'm with you on the exercise program....I'm not even going to tell you how bad I
have been the last couple of years.

yeah I keep getting in these Fatboy Challenges at work, won one, came in second on another, but I have to question why I keep being able to enter these challenges. I'm with you hoss, let's get our fat butts out there and do something!

Geeze Tom, what a shock to read. Glad everything worked out. Please take care and recover fully, then get in gear and keep healthy. Thoughts and prayers for you.
James

Blimey Tom !

Im glad youre good now though

Can I ask did you drink and smoke and liked good food cos thats where Im heading if so !

Wow! Thank God for giving you a wake up call. I'm three years older and I have an unlisted number. lol
Take care. We're glad to have you back!
Peace and Love,
Randy

Geez, Tom- glad you're still with us! Once you start getting back into shape you'll feel so good you'll never want to give. After all- you've got a stash to build!

Thanks for the kind words everyone and yes Andy, smoking, drinking and eating whatever had been my way of life for a long time. I was indestructible baby!! The smoking stopped when I parked at the ER last Sunday, the drinking part well, I've been called a social drinker.....Sat. and Sun. usually. And to be honest I'd like a smoke right now I'm not gonna do it :sick:

Tom

Glad to hear you are OK Tom! I found this free app for my iTouch right after my birthday in Nov (# 40) and kept hearing all the 40-somethings being picked up for chest pains. Decided I didn't want to be one of them...so I am watching my daily calorie intake, and have been alternating each day between the stationary bike and the Bowflew. Even though it has only been two weeks, I feel great and have lost 6 pounds. I am trying to get down around 190...34 to go! Maybe we can set up our own MA healthy challenge ;)

Happy to hear you are on the mend!

Fatboy or Chunky Cheeks challenge sounds good but do we really need to start with a photo of our naked selves on the scale?

Regards,

Fatboy or Chunky Cheeks challenge sounds good but do we really need to start with a photo of our naked selves on the scale?

Regards,

I really don't need to see that :sick:

Jeeves, I'm going to find that app for my Droid, thanks for the idea!

Tom

While you are doing that brother...look for one called "Lose It"...the scanner was a motivator for me (it's called 5-0 Radio by the way ;))...but Lose It is what has helped me get started...it helps me keep track of my calories and my goals...and as I exercise I enter that in to see what calories I am working off. I rode the bike while watching a movie with the family and burned 850 calories...

:blink wow!

tom - shocking news and at the same time good news!

glad you're back and your guardian angel is really good! you were really lucky!

Tom please take care of yourself.

I lost 2 of my co-workers due to bad lifestyles with in a 6 months period of time,one of them is still in hospital and the other one we will never see again.:(

Well, I am glad your back!!(y)

Back