• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Whew, I'm back!

Dam Tom , ........ bad to hear about the ticker alarm , ............. good to hear your on the mend !!!
No more butts or booze for you mister , take it nice and easy and build some stuff .

I'll be 58 in a month or so , get plenty of exercise , but do smoke and drink a tad , .......... like you mostly a beer weekender [ It's that cursed football thing :laugh: ] .

Dang Tom, glad you decided not to cross to the other side just yet. I just turned 47 and I managed to loose 35lbs over the last 12 month. Have about 25 more to go. Then it quitting smoking time for me cuz I know that some of the pounds lost will find their way back. Anyway, take it easy, kick back and sniff some glue for a while.

Cheers,

Joe

Holy cow! Glad you caught it in time, Tom! I hope your recovery is swift and full, that your bench always be clean and your glue always goes where you intend it!! (y)

Hey Tom,

Good to hear you're okay and making a lifestyle change. And really good that you identified the signs and went to the hospital. My father wasn't as lucky, he didn't read the signs properly, and copped it at 51 :(

I'm not a porker, but I can stand to lose about 10kgs to get me back to my ideal weight, so I'd be up for any challenge we get started here :) Actually my new dietary lifestyle starts Wednesday anyway. Why Wednesday? 'Cos the food only gets delivered Tuesday - the missus and I signed up for one of those lifestyle type diets where they supply all the food - we worked out it wouldn't cost us much more than our weekly groceries, and it saves us time cooking food. (y) Oh, and the fencing season started last week (y)

Anywho... Tom, I'm really happy you're okay (y) (y) (y)

Hey Tom,

Glad to hear you are OK. Me and my wife quit the smokes about 15 years ago. It is tough the first year, then every year after it gets easier. After three years we never thought about them again. Today, I can't even stand to walk past someone smoking. You'll get through it, millions have!

You take care of yourself, the site wouldn't be the same without you! Besides, you have all those kits to finish!!!

Bob

Scary stuff Tom,glad too hear you are doing better.All us guys around that age figure it could never happen to us,but we have to be careful.To you or anybody,if you find yourself in the same kind of distess,DONT DRIVE YOURSELF OR HAVE YOUR MATE DO IT !!!CALL 911.If something happens they can help,but if your in your car,your mate might panic,or worse if your driving,you'll kill yourself for sure.play it safe.But take care of yourself and rest up

Back