• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

What's up fellas?

mustang1989

Hello to all. My name is Joe and I've been around the modeling forum realm for around 10 years and building models on and off for the last 40 or so years. I had left the hobby a few decades back but came back to it while trying to find something to occupy my mind that was halfway productive around 12 years ago. I started out building scale WWII aircraft but switched to automotive subjects around 7 years ago. I still enjoy building an aircraft here and there but much prefer to build street rods and street machines.
Anyhow I'm looking forward to getting in here and getting to know everyone as well as to learn a thing or to more and to contribute back to this great hobby of ours.

Welcome to MA, Joe! This is (in my experience) the best and most helpful forum around. The key words are and have always been "helpful" and "friendly".
I look forward to seeing your builds! :Drinks:

Welcome to MA, Joe! This is (in my experience) the best and most helpful forum around. The key words are and have always been "helpful" and "friendly".
I look forward to seeing your builds! :Drinks:
Thanks HE! 'Preciate the welcome potna. I'll see if I can post some of my builds up in a bit.

He Joe, welcome aboard. I'm Bob the IT guy around here. Looks like you're fitting right in so let's see some of your builds.

Welcome!! I'm partial to Mustangs myself. Long ago in a galaxy far away I had a '71 Mach I. It had a 351 Cleveland, Hurst shifter and no undercoating so a rust bucket it became. But man it would haul but. Gary S. XLV MMXXIV

Hi, nice to meet ya in here
Thanks Martin.
Welcome over here Joe,I know you from a few different places,lotsa great people here.
Good to see you here too Tony. Looks like a good place to be alright.
Welcome!! I'm partial to Mustangs myself. Long ago in a galaxy far away I had a '71 Mach I. It had a 351 Cleveland, Hurst shifter and no undercoating so a rust bucket it became.
Thanks for the welcome Gary. A '71 Mach 1.....nice ride.

I was wondering when you were going to make it over here, Joe.
Thanks to you as well Paul. I know several guys with your name....which forums are you on bud?
So where you hail from Joe?
I currently reside in the Texas Coastal Bend in Corpus but am originally from North Central Tx. 'Bout an hour north of Ft. Worth

Hey, it's Joe!
Good to see you here too John!!!

Welcome!! I'm partial to Mustangs myself. Long ago in a galaxy far away I had a '71 Mach I. It had a 351 Cleveland, Hurst shifter and no undercoating so a rust bucket it became. But man it would haul but. Gary S. XLV MMXXIV
I had a '67 notchback with a warmed over 351 4bbl Windsor from a 69 Mach 1 with a 4spd and 3.55 gears. I really miss that car.

SLsUna.jpg

Fyi....My other hobby (and a much more expensive hobby at that) is hotrodding as if that couldn't be guessed already. ;)

My current ride is a 1994 Silverado equipped with a 383 stroker motor, built up 4L60 transmission with a 2200rpm stall converter and 4.10 gears.

PyOFPk.jpg

qT0xxh.png

pSj3I3.jpg

RssOxw.jpg

It's currently sporting a 680 cfm 2 barrel TBI unit with 454 fuel injectors on top but I'm switching out hopefully this next weekend to something a little better.

Holley 650 double pumper four barrel carburetor:

yu99q0.jpg

I miss the sound of a full throated romp of the throttle on a 4 bbl carb. Nice sleeper, love the stepside also. :burnout
Me too. It's been 20 years since I've had a vehicle with a carburetor on it. I've had the truck for going on 11 years now and she's got 429,000 miles on her.

Hi Joe
i lurk here as well. For those who haven’t seen his builds....you’re in for a special treat!
Thanks Chris. I recognize the name but can't place from where....which other forum are you with me on? Thanks for the humbling words. I'm hoping I can live up to them.

Back