• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

What is your Resolution for the New Year?

jknaus

Administrator
A new thread so everyone can pile on.

My resolution is not to buy another kit in 2017. I will concentrate on building what I have no matter how much I want something. It will be hard with the new Camels out although I'm not much for them. There are about 5 I would like to do. I think they should last a year. And the Sd.Kfz 252 and S-400 and V2 are coming. I am hoping they last a year and that I can withstand the desire to acquire.
See how this pans out.
James

A novel resolution James, and one I'm positive my wife would like me to have as well, but alas I know that one wouldn't make it out of January for me! :facepalm

My modelling resolutions for this year:

1. Complete at least two kits from the shelf of doom
2. Finish one Campaign, on time (YGBSM is the one I am holding out for B) )
3. Finish a diorama (The JadgPanther is well on its way)

I tried to be a little bit realistic in my goals this year. This will be cool to check back in at the end of the year and see how I did.

Happy New Years Folks!
Mike

I'll give it a shot.

I did real well with my no more kits pledge last year. I didn't buy anything until I picked up the Cherry Blossom for CTA. I'm ashamed to admit, since that, a floodgate has opened, so it's easy for me to claim no mas since the last three kits showed up as recent as 2PM on Christmas Eve.

I sold an old RC T-34 and went on a spree of OOP Aurora repops, then jumped all over the 1/350 ST Enterprise, the Munsters Koach and Grandpa's Dragula, Banzai AT-ST and the Fine Molds Perry. That's all in the last month or so. Yikes.

I'll probably give in on the Takon V2 and Hanomag when it hits the shelves, but otherwise I'm swamped and nothing but the impending DML AT-AT interests me.

Hopefully it's tools and supplies from here on out for a long time. I'm getting back to the pile of undone again.

While there are a few I still want to obtain, what I really need to do is lighten my load. Limit it to special stuff I like like Star Wars and Star Trek. Some armor, and 1/32 scale aircraft.

What I need to do is put up all the 1/350 scale ships I probably won't be building, all the 1/48 scale aircraft and focus on all the large scale stuff I really want to build.

Anyone want some 1/48 scale Dragon Ju88's for starters?

Don't usually do them- but I will say I've had some health issues that made the year pretty sucky so I'm trying to change some of my wellness choices and start feeling better....

Well for me it is a simple one, make more time for being productively at the bench ..... :bat :bat

I have a lot of plans and would hope to bring at least two of them to life in the coming year, one (of which that is already started) is to build on my channel for you tube and the other, well thats still being planned and finalised.

With all of this one thing that i lack is to make sure i post on forums regularly, i hope that i will improve in 2017.

What ever you goal or resolution may 2017 bring you all health, wealth and happiness.

:love :love :love :love

My resolution is to stop coming up with ideas that keep me away from the bench and to focus on finishing Logistics. The length of time that has taken has been a source of embarrassment for years now!

Things keep happening where i must postpone finishing it. I have built them as large before, but never with this detail. Maybe I am just overwhelmed? I refuse to start anything else until it is done!

Bob

My resolution is to stop coming up with ideas that keep me away from the bench and to focus on finishing Logistics. The length of time that has taken has been a source of embarrassment for years now!

Things keep happening where i must postpone finishing it. I have built them as large before, but never with this detail. Maybe I am just overwhelmed? I refuse to start anything else until it is done!

Bob
I got an Idea for you Bob - DONT MOVE HOUSE AGAIN hahaha

My resolution is to spend more time modeling instead of running around with the wife so much. Don't know if that's gonna fly! :woohoo:

Tim

More time in my Bible and modeling, less time looking at, trading for, and shooting guns

Resolution?.....Seems like resolutions are always about cutting back or giving something up. Well I'm not giving up anything. I'm not selling off my stash. In fact I intend to expand it if I want. I'm not going to give up...back off....back down. I'm going to push the modeling envelope. I'm not going to settle for where I am. I'm going to build what I want and if you're not interested fine who needs ya. I'm going to go to contests. I'm going to compete. I'm going to have fun and if you want to win then you better bring your A game. I'm going to support my modeling friends, my modeling clubs and promote modeling excellence. I'm going to model without guilt. In short in the words of Gen. Patton "I am advancing constantly and I'm not interested in holding anything"

Happy New Year!

Terry

Resolution?.....Seems like resolutions are always about cutting back or giving something up. Well I'm not giving up anything. I'm not selling off my stash. In fact I intend to expand it if I want. I'm not going to give up...back off....back down. I'm going to push the modeling envelope. I'm not going to settle for where I am. I'm going to build what I want and if you're not interested fine who needs ya. I'm going to go to contests. I'm going to compete. I'm going to have fun and if you want to win then you better bring your A game. I'm going to support my modeling friends, my modeling clubs and promote modeling excellence. I'm going to model without guilt. In short in the words of Gen. Patton "I am advancing constantly and I'm not interested in holding anything"

Happy New Year!

Terry

Good quote Terry,

I'm with you!!!!

(y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)

Bob

My general resolution? To try and get more exercise in my daily routine!

Terry, I like your positive thinking!

Happy New Year!

Terry

This is also my resolution in general. More specific goals are below. I plan on finishing the following:

1) Space Shuttle with Boosters
2) C-118 Cargo aircraft
3) B-377 airliner
4) Soviet carrier Baku
5) the Mach 5
6) the VW bus
7) the Rebel Racer corvette
8) the Monkeemobile
9) F/A-18F Hornet
10) F-8 Crusader
11) F-35 Lightning II
12) RA-5 Vigilante
13) Handley Page Hampden for my client
14) President's Liner
15) RAF Rescue Launch

That should hold me over for a few months. I hope this gets stickied so I can refer back to it and keep myself going.

Happy New Year!

Terry

I think my cut back year was last year out of necessity. Got no excuses this year (yet) so I'm with ya big guy! :salute

Back