• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

What a disappointing day

jknaus

Administrator
Well had another door firmly closed in my face today :angry: . 10 more working days and then I dont know what. What a bummer. :(

James

Don't let go of that tiger James. Just keep at it.

I was about to post this with a tag of, No matter how bad a day you had, this Tater will put a smile on your face.

[video type=youtube]HIV1MG-W6_E[/video]

Even if it's just 4 minutes.

James, keep your head up and keep looking.

I too am in a pretty tight spot right now financially. In fact, if something doesn't give soon, I will have to start getting rid of things that aren't necessities (IE: cell phone/internet/etc.) in order to keep food on the table and a house over the families head.

Times are tough all around but if my belt gets any tighter I wont be able to breath.

:ermm:

Ken Abrams wrote:
James, keep your head up and keep looking.

I too am in a pretty tight spot right now financially. In fact, if something doesn't give soon, I will have to start getting rid of things that aren't necessities (IE: cell phone/internet/etc.) in order to keep food on the table and a house over the families head.

Times are tough all around but if my belt gets any tighter I wont be able to breath.

:ermm:

That sucks Ken. I'm not there yet, just beaking off because jobs that look good or a sure thing keep washing out. I'm just a tad disheartened thats all. Wish you the best and hpe you dont have to tighten anymore.
James

jknaus wrote:
That sucks Ken. I'm not there yet, just beaking off because jobs that look good or a sure thing keep washing out. I'm just a tad disheartened thats all. Wish you the best and hpe you dont have to tighten anymore.
James

Thanks for the well wishing James, bidding on work here has become far too competitive as there are so many contractors willing to cut their own throats just to get the work. I honestly don't know how they can bid jobs so low as I was bidding them as low as possible.

I actually went to work for a good friend of mine this spring as his site super since he became the town building inspector and doesn't have the time. Problem is, he has as much trouble getting the work as well and it is spotty at best. These long dry spells between jobs are killing me but I have my family and health so I guess things could be far worse.

This too shall pass as they say.

all my thoughts go out to you also ken! i hope that everything changes to good for both of you and everybody else in situations like you have to experience!

Guys I feel for you. As you might remember, I was in the same boat. Keep strong and keep your loved ones close. If you need to chat and get things off your chest we are here for you. Stay strong! ;)

Well both of you James and Ken are like family here and when family suffers we all feel it :( . I am sure things will work out well for both of you .

Ken , you are a glazier aren't you ? Try opening up a discount slingshot shop .

Lets hope there is good news soon .

Jenny (on crutches ) :kiss:

Tough news all over, hope you guys get some relief soon. I know the stress this stuff can cause. I just found out I got a conference at noon to see what my future hold in store... :deer in the headlights look

moon puppy wrote:
Tough news all over, hope you guys get some relief soon. I know the stress this stuff can cause. I just found out I got a conference at noon to see what my future hold in store... :deer in the headlights look

Good luck MP. Maybe its a raise.
James

jenny croft wrote:
Well both of you James and Ken are like family here and when family suffers we all feel it :( . I am sure things will work out well for both of you .

Ken , you are a glazier aren't you ? Try opening up a discount slingshot shop .

Lets hope there is good news soon .

Jenny (on crutches ) :kiss:

Why is Jenny on crutches?? If your looking for hight you need stilts lol. Hope all is well and not too serioous.
James

jknaus wrote:
Good luck MP. Maybe its a raise.
James

HA! I pretty much know what it is and it ain't that. Who knows, I may be hangin' out the ol' "Brittsbytes" shingle
1.gif

Thanks for the words of support friends, it's appreciated. Good luck at the conference Bob, last thing you need is bad news after writing all those checks to Australia.

*his name is Sydney right? Yeah it was a joke, a bad one but give me a break.

Jenny,

I worked as a glazier for my dads company for years before getting my state license to build houses on my own. When the residential market went sour, I did go back to work for him for a while but when the commercial industry began to dry up as well, I had to make a choice. Either stay on with him (being the owners son) while he laid off other guys with more seniority at the company, or go my own way.

I chose to go, they have families to feed as well.

:peace

Play me out Tupac...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3JoJ99gHw4&feature=related

Sounds like you made a pretty good deposit in the karma bank, Ken! With integrity like that, any company should be glad to have you! Bob, I'll keep fingers crossed for you! James, will do the same for you. Jenny, Uncle who???? :lol:

Sorry to hear about that news JK and you too Ken :(

I , however, did chuckle at the stilts comment ( sorry Boss but I hope the sprain eases up soon :)

Hey Ken, knock out those bases mate I`ll buy some off you !!!

Well I know as much now as I did an hour ago, just that I'll keep being my Dashin' self and go get a hot dog.

Back