• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

What a disappointing day

moon puppy wrote:
Well I know as much now as I did an hour ago, just that I'll keep being my Dashin' self and go get a hot dog.

Thats good?? You getting the works on the dog?? Chilie and cheese?

James

Sorry to hear the bad news from you guys. Ken I know how it is, seeing that we are basically neighbors, the economy here is bad. I can sympathize with both of you. My situation seams to get worse week by week.
Ken we will be taking the wife's car to the next club meeting, The truck will be sold by the end of the week :( . I'll take the Tinkerbell cover of the steering wheel before we drive, don't think it will look good, girlie car and all.
Guys we have to think positive and keep our heads above water. I'm still waiting for the Karma thing to kick in :unsure:

Rob
www.scratchmod.com

rob ferreira wrote:
Sorry to hear the bad news from you guys. Ken I know how it is, seeing that we are basically neighbors, the economy here is bad. I can sympathize with both of you. My situation seams to get worse week by week.
Ken we will be taking the wife's car to the next club meeting, The truck will be sold by the end of the week :( . I'll take the Tinkerbell cover of the steering wheel before we drive, don't think it will look good, girlie car and all.
Guys we have to think positive and keep our heads above water. I'm still waiting for the Karma thing to kick in :unsure:

Rob
www.scratchmod.com

Thats even suckier. Hope something comes your way soon.
James

Thanks John and James. Can't do much but hope for the best. Next thing to go might be my website. Since it's a private site with no sponsors the money comes from my pocket.
Things can only get better. :)

Rob

Hey guys,

You're all in my thoughts, and not in the freaky prison shower scene kinda way :ermm: :blink :pinch:

Hope things start looking up real soon.

Rudi

James , Ken , ......... if you remember , ...... I was told to hit the bricks , turned out they fired some one , which left the door open a crack for me to get rehired as a custodian [ what I was when let go ] , ...... turns out they needed some one now desperatly [ yeah that's spelt wrong ] to run and hook up security systems , phone systems , and other modem etc. data systems [ wire runs , etc. ] , ......... well it's a new position and a raise and , ......... well , we'll see where it goes from there , ........

Don't ever give up !!! , ......... sometimes I really think the bad times are a test for the " future silver lining " , .......... yeah I know karma and all that stuff , ....... but hey I've seen and done some things , ......... and there's something out there looking after the decent folks !!!

No sh#T !!!

Gosh I hate to hear yall's hardships.
I guess Things aint any better for me and mine down over here in Georgia. We moved here for a job that did not take off as expected- panic time! but found quick work to get cash flow going and wife landed a job that looked promising- a slivver of hope....not! she got laid off two weeks later and I was told by my employer that as much as they would like to have me they didn't know how long they could afford to keep me going- Panic time again! I'm 47 yrs. old and am proud to say that I have never been without a job since my first at age 15. I also have been lucky and not had to actually look for work, it always seemed to find me. In desperation I picked up the local paper awhile back and turned to the job ad's and thought P*SS... is this what it's come to. I knew I was in trouble when one of the ads was a sandwich shop looking for sandwich makers that MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE, experience? making a samich?? uh, all righty then.

I have held a class A CDL Licence for ten years and most of my work in that time has been in trucks but always managed to get respectable paying driving jobs that put me home nightly or at least every couple of days. This is very important to me as I never had a desire to spend most of my time from home. Nothing better than to spend the evening in the work room with the boxer snoring as only boxers can at my feet and the sound of Patti's tv filtering through the door. Thats what it's all about. But now as I see my wife sitting on the edge of the sofa blankly staring at nothing and me with my gums aching from clenching my teeth together for the past three months. The writing is on the wall. And so I signed on to an over the road company. I leave for Iowa next saturday and am absolutely dreading it. It will fix the dollar issue but I wonder at what cost. I know it could be worse, I could not even have that.

We might have lost the ship guys but I'll tread water with ya'll. The important thing here is to keep moving.

Moon Puppy Tator brought tears to my eyes from laughing - perfect :woohoo:

Tim

Man , sorry guys. Makes me feel kind of small to be whining. I guess the worst part is a job was shaping up, well within my skill set and the language coord decide that it should be bilingual. So I was cut. Imagine having to be fully fluent french and english to work on an english base where english is the main language. Oh well something will come up I'm sure, I hope.
James

hood wrote:
Moon Puppy Tator brought tears to my eyes from laughing - perfect :woohoo:

Tim

Reports are coming in that Tator has lost his tots! :blink He's doing fine and looking for them frantically. film at 11.

Hang tough TnTers. Things always turn around when you lease expect it. I've resolved to take what comes at me and give it my best. Really I shouldn't be complaining at all.

James, wish you could have told those folks to "baiser mon cul" when they moved the goal post on ya like that.

:laugh: You guys and gals are the bestest :laugh:
MP ask for naughty corner time instead of soap, and I'll sub for you.

James

Someone should explain to Tator that he's better off with out em. :unsure: :ermm: :blink :D

Hey James I might could use someone with your language skills if I have to go to the bronx :whistle:

A little trivia - Sam Clements (Mark Twain) carried a notebook with phrase's and thier slang meanings so he could communicate with his crews when he was a riverboat captain.

Tim

Back