• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Welcome to France

Hey Ian
I hope your mind's eye vision is as good as the one in mine! This could be a stunner if you can manage it, and if some of your past efforts are anything to go by, then that should be a shoo-in. There will certainly be lots to look at :)
Brad

I suppose that is the challenge Brad, you have to make it look as good as the picture in your head. I am actaully pushing myself into this to make me build some planes finally as I like them as much as tanks but there always seem to be another tank to do.......so I am going to make the break from my comfort zone. I have a lot of 1/32 scale planes and especially me109's so this is my first baby step.
Also as this is now officially no longer a build I will continue my ghostly spitfire here and post the picture to Mike when it's done. :) I have found some cool profiles of MK9's over Normandy so I will scam em' up and be back!

Beagle.

P.S. Peter B and Matt, I told you I would eventually get a plane out :idonno

Thanks for the posts Ken and Pavel.
The dio won't be to big as Spits were not a large plane.

Snipped:

Next update should be a bit more interesting

Shalom.

Years ago I had the small 45 RPM size 33&1/2 RPM records from Revell that told stories about the various aircraft those records were about. I remember on the P-47 Thunderbolt record a British voice saying that the cockpit was so big so that the pilot could dodge the bullets. That plane was quite a bit bigger than the Spifire. I also remember Johnny Johnson writing in his book 'WING LEADER' that the Supermarine Spitfire didn't dive very well but that, "...it climbed like a homesick angel." I'm really looking forward to seeing how this diorama plays out and also to hearing how closely it matches the vision you had for it when you started it.

Good luck and cheers from Peter

:laugh: Progress.........
Over the Xmas break I managed to get some progress happening on my Spit 9.Battle damage started.

IMG_0120.jpg

Continued on with the rest of the model as well................
IMG_0124.jpg

I started painting the interior and the exhausts then gave it another test fit to the base I will use.
THIS IS ALL STILL BE WORKED ON AND OBVIOUSLY THE INTERIOR STILL HAS A LOT MORE WORK TO GO STILL. I am doing this as an early model Mk 9 so the condition by Mid 44 should have been reasonably worn and used - just the way I like it.:evil:
IMG_0135.jpg

IMG_0137.jpg

you surely don't play games ian!

that's wonderful work and so promising!

the final scenery will be another showstopper for sure!

Hi Laura ,:)
nice to hear from you. Thank you - slow and steady with this one. I have a WW1 Albatross on the go as well!

Ian.

Oh man this is getting better and better! Thanks for sharing and keep it coming.

Terry (y)

Yes, I was getting withdrawal symptoms as I had not seen any of your work anywhere! Great job Ian. Now I know why you are nervous, it is not the lack of modeling skills but cutting up a beautiful and expensive model!

Great work,

:laugh: :cheer:
Thanks guys, good to hear from all and thanks for posting. I am continuing to add to my Spit and will post in a while again.:Hiay \\Ian.

Back