• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Welcome to France

Brokeneagle

Master at Arms
:) I finally decided what to work with for this project.
At first I was going to use a MK4 B - one of the green and yellow striped ones - hanging around Normandy as part of the 21st Panzer Div but I felt that even though this is an interesting topic for me, I need a break from German armour :unsure: .
I decided to do a dio of a Mk9 spitfire that has been crippled over the D-Day beachhead and come down on the outskirts of a farm, into a belly landing, skidding along the grass until it smashes into some farmyard stuff and comes to rest infront of the Monroe Perdu well. The Pilot will be sitting on the edge of the well looking at his mark 9 covered in dust , bullet holes, chickens and various other stuff. I will give it the full invasion stripe treatment which should work well with the dust of the farm area (black works well with dust). Some barnyard birds will be hoping along the nose of the plane and maybe a dog will b sitting with the pilot.:mpup
For the spitfire I will use my brand new Tamiya 1/32 MK9 which I which I have been itching to do. An absolutely beautiful model.
I will attempt a modified figure from the kit version.:blink
My backup in case this scene does not work will be the mk4 B
Pictures soon once I have the time.

Ian.
P.S. This will be my first plane in 10 years and my first spitfire in 20.:eek:hmy: I must admit I AM A BIT NERVOUS.

You're nervous and I'm sitting on needles, can't wait to see this!

your plan B is great! Love it!

a plane! :blink another one building a plane! :blink

bob you should stop using the force on the peoples!

not only bob is sitting on needles nontheless, but me also since your description without pics is a cliffhanger at it's best!

a plane! :blink another one building a plane! :blink

bob you should stop using the force on the peoples!

not only bob is sitting on needles nontheless, but me also since your description without pics is a cliffhanger at it's best!

:unsure: Well on the plus side little Laura , at least it crashed :idonno !

Jenny :kiss:

:Hiay - thanks for the encouragement...... yes it is shot down so you hard core ground based people can still be happy. I will post my compare to a date shot on the weekend and then I can begin - looking forward to thisone and pretty excited - I can picture the whole scene in my head now so does that mean I 'm done?(y)

Ian.:pp

Hi again, I built my well and have started planing - using an old mkv body to get the base size down.

IMG_0049.jpg

This is a grest kit and the resin is unlike other resins I have used. I t has some 'tooth' to the texture which really suits the subject of a stone well. I also like how Perdu removes and cleans up the keys to the casting. I wish everybody did that!

Here is my very basic plan so far.
IMG_0048.jpg

Hi Laura. It really has impressed me so I will certainly be looking to get some more from them. I added some more scratches too, with a dremmel, that should come up with paint.

Ian.

Thanks for the posts Ken and Pavel.
The dio won't be to big as Spits were not a large plane.

My time shot - taken today so you can see the Melbourne cup stuff on the age website.
finaldatephoto.jpg

Also I have decided to add a small area of cobblestones around the weell but mostly covered with dirt.
I will use the Calibre 35 stuff I picked-up earlier this year from Southeast Hobbies.

calibre35cobblestones.jpg

Next update should be a bit more interesting

P.S. This will be my first plane in 10 years and my first spitfire in 20. I must admit I AM A BIT NERVOUS.
Nervous.....really. I have never seen anything come from your hands that is not spectacular.
With your passion and vision this will be another masterpiece.
Looking forward to following this one.
Pete

Hey Ian
I hope your mind's eye vision is as good as the one in mine! This could be a stunner if you can manage it, and if some of your past efforts are anything to go by, then that should be a shoo-in. There will certainly be lots to look at :)
Brad

Back