• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

US 2.5 ton 6x6 Water Truck

Thank you Phil, Ian and Luiz, much appreciated.

Last bits done for the campaign. As this is the OOB, no other extras will be placed on the truck, but the work continues. I will add a chain, tools, jerry cans, extras in the cabin and so on. One step at the time though, here's the end result for the OOB campaign:

hfcd563c.JPG

h7854c9f.JPG

hf0df18e.JPG

Extra weathering done with Burnt Sienna Artist's Oil, Raw Umber, Raw Umber mixed with a bit of Humbrol Silver and Humbrol 29/72 on the tires and undercarriage for the mud splashes

Laurence

Why was the silver added? Chips and wear?

Thank you all for the nicest words :notworthy

MP - yes, the silver is added to give it a metallic tint, chips and scratches. That will continue on the model, as well as adding burnt sienna for scratches and chips that are "older", where rust has already set in. A lot of experimenting on my side with this model I must admit but I am loving it as I got the chance to learn a lot.

Laurence

Back