• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

US 2.5 ton 6x6 Water Truck

Thanks Bob, it has since received more drybrushing, cabin was a nightmare to put together and I am not 100% happy with the result.

More pics tomorrow

Cheers Dave :notworthy

More stuff done - almost all drybrushing done, some minor touchups still required. Next step will be a coat of dullcote laquer (Testors), then bit of chipping and rust, you know, the usual stuff.

The cabin was a nightmare to get done, :vmad

h201cddf.JPG

hef70ce3.JPG

h754d90a.JPG

h297352e.JPG

Thanks for looking

Laurence

Thanks Phil, working on it mate. Didn't get the chance to say what an amazing bird you put together for CTA II - I really love the Me trop - 14 - Marseille, the Star of Africa. Awesome stuff (y)

We have to meet at the next Illawarra model expo Laurence, it is now being held at the Berkeley sports complex in 2015

Thank you Phil, Ian and Luiz, much appreciated.

Last bits done for the campaign. As this is the OOB, no other extras will be placed on the truck, but the work continues. I will add a chain, tools, jerry cans, extras in the cabin and so on. One step at the time though, here's the end result for the OOB campaign:

hfcd563c.JPG

h7854c9f.JPG

hf0df18e.JPG

Extra weathering done with Burnt Sienna Artist's Oil, Raw Umber, Raw Umber mixed with a bit of Humbrol Silver and Humbrol 29/72 on the tires and undercarriage for the mud splashes

Laurence

Thanks Ron and Dave, this is the kit marked NORMANDY, I am not very aware of the history of kits and stuff like that.

Looking at it I still think it requires a bit more weathering, some scratches, some streaks and so on - neverending job really ....

Laurence

Back