• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

US 2.5 ton 6x6 Water Truck

White_Wolf

Master at Arms
My entry to this campaign. Starting pic below

hce60361.JPG

Laurence

Thank you Gentlemen, :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Hopefully some pics coming soon - never been a huge fan of Italeri models, I hope this will be a smooth build though.

Cheers,
Laurence

Progress pic below - chassis almost complete, wheels have received a primer on the side facing the body for now.

hf898653.JPG

Laurence

You are off to a good start! Keep at it! (y)
I'm building one of these too, but you beat me too it (posting wise). Did you find a problem with one of the axel locating pins not lining up where it goes through the spring assembly? I found that I had to cut the pin off. :idonno

Cheers,

Bill

Some progress ...chassis and tank painted and the mandatory raw umber wash applied. Working on the cabin, wheels are nearly done

h8ec7406.JPG

Hopefully more to come soon

Laurence

Drybrushing took place recently - this side has received three treatments. Working towards progressing with one side first, then it will be applied to the rest of the truck. Just to make sure I followed the instructions correctly :D

Was impossible to find the Humbrol Matt Olive Drab 155, they only had the 66 which isn't quite the right one. After some research, I found that Revell Enamel Matt 86 is pretty close so that's the one I've used. Hope it worked out ok.

h5255195.JPG

Laurence

Back