• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Update on my step dad. Update 11/13.

The Zod

I have been spending a good bit of time at the local hospital seeing my step dad. My one sister and his family has come over as well. His right side was affected. He is going through therapy three times a day,for one hour each three times. I have been talking to some of the staff in his wing. He is showing signs of improvement.

When he walks,it is small steps. His feet were going every which way at first. The only time his speech gets slurred is if he is tired. We are worried about him being able to use his right arm and hand. There is a tiny amount of use,but not much.

He has also had visitors from his work,and the shooting club friends.

Long term.......................Too early to tell right now. No matter what,he will not be abandoned.

Update on my step dad.

Glad to see he's showing signs of improvement and that he's surrounded by friends and family.

Update on my step dad.

Time alone will tell- in the meantime I wish you, your stepdad and our family all the best!

Update on my step dad.

That's good news Chad! Glad to hear he's making some progress, tho it may seem small but, Progress is progress. Having friends,family around during this crisis is a very good & positive thing & will help with his recovery.
From what I gather, the arm is useless right now? It took my dad awhile before he was able to use his arm & regain the strength in his hand. We gave him a rubber handball to squeeze at his leisure.
My thoughts & prayers are with you & the family and I do wish your stepdad a speedy recovery.
:zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen

Update on my step dad.

:zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen Thoughts and Prayers
James

Update on my step dad.

Thank you everyone. :) He seems to be improving a little everyday. Our hope is that he does not have to go to an assisted living care facility.

Update on my step dad.

Keeping him and you in our prayers. Progress is good. Remember, recovery is a marathon, not a sprint.

Update on my step dad. Update 11/04

Thanks again everyone. I got news today. He is being released from the hospital tomorrow. However................Am being told they really want someone with him around the clock. My brother in law could spend the nighst with him.

The daytime is gonna give us trouble. I am back on the road. Where my one sister works at,they are giving her crap about taking more time off,as they may not be able to get a substitute for her.

My other two !@#$%^& sisters........ :bang head

Shame about your @#$%^& sisters........ :bang head

Stay strong !!

h1b39acf.jpg

Glad to hear he's being released from the hospital!! :dance :dance :drinks
As for the other two !@#$%^& sisters........ :bang head :bang head :bat :bat :bat Shame on them!!

Sending :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen

Glad he's out of the hospital and I feel your pain.
I spent six hours in the emergency room yesterday because dad "didn't feel right." They couldn't find anything wrong with him at all. This has happened two weeks in a row. But, because he had two more stents put in last week and two others earlier in the month, I had no choice but to take him in or risk something happening and have to live with the guilt. As an only child, I have no one else to help me.
I resigned from my a job a year and half ago to care for him and mom. I haven't worked a day since.
Fortunately, I go back to work Monday. However, I won't be available for him during the day. At least he's in an assisted living facility and she's in a nursing home. The stress sucks!

:zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen
James

Glad he's out of the hospital and I feel your pain.
I spent six hours in the emergency room yesterday because dad "didn't feel right." They couldn't find anything wrong with him at all. This has happened two weeks in a row. But, because he had two more stents put in last week and two others earlier in the month, I had no choice but to take him in or risk something happening and have to live with the guilt. As an only child, I have no one else to help me.
I resigned from my a job a year and half ago to care for him and mom. I haven't worked a day since.
Fortunately, I go back to work Monday. However, I won't be available for him during the day. At least he's in an assisted living facility and she's in a nursing home. The stress sucks!

I am glad they are being looked after. :) My brother in law told me earlier that they are getting people to look after him. The hospital thinks he may be a fall risk. That is why they want someone with him for at least a week.

S.O.P.to have nurses come out to check on someone who's a fall risk.& to be sent home from ICU. And, I would not be surprised if they have several different people checking on your stepdad. Nurse, a Physical therapist & possibly Cardio specalist
sending :zen :zen :zen :zen

Chad, I'm glad he's doing better and kudos to you and your one sister for watching over him. I;m still praying for him and I'm glad to see they are working. Keep the faith man!

Back