• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Twins

Twins Campaign

• Total voters
Beside the obvious aircraft options, there are several AFV options too.

The M4A2/Sherman III, M10/Achilles and M36B2 all used the GM 6046 Twin Diesel. The M5, M5A1 and M24 used twin Cadillac V8 automobile engines. The British Matilda was powered by either two AEC or Leyland lorry engines and the Churchill engine was the Vauxhaull Twin-Six engine. The Soviets got in on it too with the Su-76 powered by two GAZ-202 automobile engines.

Post-war saw the German Gepard AA tank have a 90hp Mercedes engine to power the electronics and turret when the main engine was shutdown. Many modern MBT's have an APU for this purpose. The Swedish S-tank had a Rolls Royce K60 diesel for low speed maneuvering and aiming the tank and a Boeing 502 turbine when more power was required for high speed or severe terrain.

There are probably more out there too.

Cheers,
RichB

5267723e0b0fea068c504ca04f7b02c6.jpg
Twins. My first thought.

Many tanks had a axillary engine, i remember my brother continually moaning about the ancient Coventry Climax engine in Chieftain tanks in the 70 :)
I think group builds really need to be a challenge because if the topic has too wider catchment it sort of defeats the object, why not a 3 engine spec or 3 wheel or 3 crew...

Actually at one time I had a thought about doing an Italian campaign. It would have two ribbons, Italian flags, one with and aircraft silhouette and one with a tank silhouette. It would be Italian vehicles during WW2.

I would be but my completion rate has been rather dismal. Been awhile since I've done an online Campaign though!

Back