• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Trumpeter KV-85

The barrel is shorter than the 75, I believe it's a 76 like what was used in the SU-76

he0e2cd8.jpg

I could be wrong. :idonno Doesn't matter, not using that gun anyhoo. :frantic

Going into the paint booth tomorrow for primer and base color on the hull. Thanks for coming by.

:drinks

My poor little zaichik has been neglected of late, so I bring her into sunshine for moment. Fuel tanks must be improved, so we add weld bead!

hf9e2609.JPG

Clamp in vise for third hand to hold steady. Use fine styrene rod and extra thin glue, wait a moment, texture with knife. Repeat.

h109a4f2.JPG

Many apologies, Saul Garciaovich, too many knock out marks to clean up in plastic track, I admit defeat and order metal tracks from Friulmodel.

h17d1a76.JPG

h5e50aa6.JPG

Dry fit of fenders and tanks, much joy!

Many thanks for visiting, comrades!

Dasvidaniya!

Thanks, my friends! I've pecked away at this build while other stuff on the bench was drying, but haven't posted any updates. Rhino got after me about my lack of build photos, so here's a few.

Saul was kind enough to send me a set of tracks, but it didn't take me long to decide I needed a set of Friuls (yes, that's spelled correctly). Assembly was easy and the link count matched what Trumpeter said. I blackened them with Uschi Track blackener and then added various shades of pigments.

h4657cc8.JPG

After letting them dry completely, I hit the high spots with a sanding stick.

h9f71eaa.JPG

ha8e21a7.JPG

The effect is quick and effective.

I had shot some base coat on the lower hull so the tracks can be installed, but first, some dirt and grime.

h8d44dc7.JPG

hceca03b.JPG

h0ae08f9.JPG

h89ca060.JPG

h1f6657c.JPG

h785d635.JPG

Tracks are MUCH easier to install without the fenders in the way!

h5ea85ee.JPG

h198de9c.JPG

After the glue dries, I will proceed with my various shades of green and the final bits before the overall weathering.

Thanks for coming by, much more to come.

I like the scunge you apply to the hull behind the running gear. Like He's been somewhere and is going somewhere else in a hurry!
Outstanding!!
:ro: :drinks :java

Thanks, brother! :notworthy It's hard to get it back in there with tracks and fenders on, I'll add more when the paint is done.

Yep, I mix several colors as I go, looks like wetter and dried mud. Wet the surface with pigment fixer, acrylic thinner mixed with clear flat or alcohol, then tap your loaded brush with your finger to deposit the pigments. Let it dry and add more if need be. B)

Thanks, my friends! I've pecked away at this build while other stuff on the bench was drying, but haven't posted any updates. Rhino got after me about my lack of build photos, so here's a few.

Saul was kind enough to send me a set of tracks, but it didn't take me long to decide I needed a set of Friuls (yes, that's spelled correctly). Assembly was easy and the link count matched what Trumpeter said. I blackened them with Uschi Track blackener and then added various shades of pigments.

h4657cc8.JPG

After letting them dry completely, I hit the high spots with a sanding stick.

h9f71eaa.JPG

ha8e21a7.JPG

The effect is quick and effective.

I had shot some base coat on the lower hull so the tracks can be installed, but first, some dirt and grime.

h8d44dc7.JPG

hceca03b.JPG

h0ae08f9.JPG

h89ca060.JPG

h1f6657c.JPG

h785d635.JPG

Tracks are MUCH easier to install without the fenders in the way!

h5ea85ee.JPG

h198de9c.JPG

After the glue dries, I will proceed with my various shades of green and the final bits before the overall weathering.

Thanks for coming by, much more to come.

Dirty!! :coolio :soldier

Looks great. :soldier

Back