• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Trumpeter KV-85

After letting the fenders dry a couple hours, I shot the lightened base coat. Still have weathering to do on the inside of the tracks and fuel tanks etc. to install prior to the markings and weathering. Thanks for coming by!

:drinks

This is really looking great there Mike. It looks like you got in some good bench time and where highly productive!!
:good: ... :v

Well, I guess I should have attached the photos. :blush:

h18008e1.JPG

hb7c2e0b.JPG

That's all for this weekend. :mpup

Really liking the detail on the wheels Mike and the paint is looking very good as well (y) ( Insert Russian word for ) Wowser !

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks again to all who took time to look and comment! Well, I ended up spending the day with my wife yesterday, so nothing happened at the bench. Today, anxious to get the filters on the KV, I didn't think things through as well as I should have. It's hotter than a hooker's doorknob on nickel night down here, so after laying on the first layer of green filter, I realized I couldn't open the window to vent the fumes. :woohoo: I hit the tank with the hair dryer so I could put on the second layer of brown filter, I was really feeling the effects of the fumes by the time I got it down. Time to go have lunch and recuperate. :frantic

Here's the results.

hb9e61bf.JPG

Not much of an update, but you can't rush this stage. Going to try to get it satin coated before next weekend for markings and pin washes. Thanks for coming by!

Really liking the detail on the wheels Mike and the paint is looking very good as well (y) ( Insert Russian word for ) Wowser !

Cheers, Christian B)

I think it is roughly "Вау аккуратно!!" Which is "Wow neat!" in a translation program. I too really like the detail on the wheels. Would be hard to put grim on that, I must say

Back