• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Trumpeter 1/32 SBD-5 Dauntless

Been working on this one this week while hunkered down out of the heat. Can't take pics atm as I'm waiting on the glue for the gear to cure. Ran into fit issues which got me discouraged, but I've overcome so far. Decal stage and some paint touch-up and then just fiddly bits...

Ok ok calm down ;)
IMG_20200713_140056162_HDR_copy_800x689.jpg

And no matter what glue I use that wing root keeps coming apart...must be why imputnit aside for so long....that and the engine mount doesn't fit quite right in front...must be why I moved away from planes I was doing 10 years ago to armor ;)

I've found that CA glues don't like to stick to themselves, and if the first attempt fails the only solution is to scrape away all of it and try again. The CA also seems to be a barrier to any solvent glue, but that does not surprise me. Good luck!

Hey Mike, is the top port wing glued on? Looks like there's some alignment issue there that would play havoc on your wing root. Looks like we can see the inside of the bottom wing on the wing tip and on the inner leading edge. Can you get that sorted out?

Well...the whole thing has popped apart...my best bet is to glue the top halves of the wings to the fuselage and then get the bottom attached aka the way a modeler friend of mine years back Pixalator used to do...but the top halves are attached to the bottoms at present so I'll need to be careful with the knife to try to break the bonds...

Back