• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Trumpeter 1/32 A-7E

Paulw

About two weeks ago I received a call from a fellow modeler that is a member of the Tulsa club. He was letting me know of a fellow that is ridding himself of most of his 32 scale kits. I found out that this guy is changing scales and needs the room. My buddy, Gerry, went there and came away with about 12 kits and a bunch of A.M. for $300.00. I went there Saturday and bought the Trumpeter A-7E and the Fairey Swordfish for 60.00 for both. There is some minor resin and decal extras for the A.M.

I started on the SLUF about two days ago. Putting the others on the back burner with the hopes that I will finish this one with in the next month and try to get it ready for the Tulsa show on the 14th (hint, hint, Bob).

I purchased the zactomodels resin intake front and I am hoping that it will be here by This Friday. So, in the meantime I got most of the pit completed with a few exceptions. The seat is the Aries A-7E set with pe belts. These aren't an easy set to assemble especially with my older eyes so Ill just do a good cleaning before I try them and to make sure that the BHOD doesn't get any part of them.

Here is what I have that is finished.

hb473491_2018-03-11.jpg

Linda and I have been down with the Lower Slabovian crud these past couple of days and reall haven't been feeling like doing much of anything except breathing. She still had to go to work shuffling all of those precious little kiddies around the school district while I mostly slept the day away. I did manage to get my house hold chores done though but the modeling bench suffered.

Today I felt much better. Linda went to work the off to the Dr. to get something for her sinus infection . I got to do some work on the A-7 gear bays and the center wing section along with the hard points. I turned on Pandora and went to an old stand by, Blood, Sweat and Tears channel. All of the best music of the early 70's and late 60's helped me get things done today.

url=https://postimages.org/]
IMG_1489.jpg
[/url]

So far this kit is building up pretty nicely. I am still waiting for the Zactomodels resin to show up before I do anything else with the fuse so if it takes a while Ill start painting the wing sections and getting the weathering done.

Back