• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tombstone!

Mike:

That little Rod is turning out great. I think it really turned out great. You have done an admirable job on that one.

Dave W.

Man that is COOL. It has a real classic hot rod feel, I really like the plug wires and how you drilled out the distributor cap. (y)

Dadburnt youtube! Let's try this again.

Crank it!

This build is almost finished, waiting on a couple pieces. B)

Wow Mike, look whats been going on in this room :cheer: Very cool! I'm imagine it with a layer of desert dust from a long ride cruising into town looking for the saloon. :drinks

Tim

Darn it all. Now I have to get my T coupe out and get it restored. You did a wonderful job on that buildup. Great job.

Dave W.

Almost finished, fellas. She made her debut tonight at the GCMB club meeting, one more piece and I'll call it done. (y)

The long awaited piece arrived with today's mail and I immediately installed it!! Here is Tombstone!

IMG_5214.JPG

IMG_5215.JPG

IMG_5219.JPG

IMG_5220.JPG

AMT has a really bad habit of making ejector marks on the wrong side of a piece, to where they show. The radiator was no exception, so I had four ugly dents in the finned surface. I scrounged around in my parts boxes and found some fiberglass screen from a Tamiya armor kit. I sanded the radiator to remove the ejector marks and to allow for the extra thickness of the screen, then cut the screen to fit.

IMG_5223.JPG

IMG_5224.JPG

Most of you know we lost a fellow MA member last year, Tom Wesendorf. Tom was someone I never met, but considered a friend from all the fun we had on the forum. He started a '57 Chevy for this campaign, so since he couldn't finish his model, he inspired me to add his name to my build.

IMG_5216.JPG

IMG_5217.JPG

IMG_5218.JPG

A big thank you to Moon Puppy for making me the license plates!! :notworthy I'm thinking that would have made Tom smile!

Thanks to all for following this build and poking me to finish it. Doc and Wyatt were betting against me, but sometimes the house doesn't win!

wyatt_and_doc.jpg

Besides, chicks dig hot rods!!

Chicks_Dig_It.jpg

:drinks And one for Tom! :drinks

:drinks
To Tom!

That wasn't nuffin Mike, just glad I got a color printer to make use of. Did you decal it or just glue it?

Outstanding finish!

BTW, I would be glad to supply that file or even print out that decal for anyone who would like this. Just let me know.

To Tom :drinks Had quite a few laughs with Tom on Skype in the short time I knew him.

Great Build Mike

(Oh guess who still has to do a new build for this one)

In case you'd like to know where the image came from, you can make your own personalized plates at http://www.acme.com/licensemaker/licensemaker.cgi?state=Wisconsin&text=TWES&plate=1961&r=1777789002
Loads of states and years to choose from, fun too!!

To Tom! :drinks

Mike:

That T turned out beautiful. I think that one turned out real good. I think you did that old model justice. Doc and Wyatt should be pround to see that one.

Dave

And Moon Puppy saves the play ! (y) A very dramatic finish to a very good build Mike. I like it a lot :drinks

Cheers, Christian B)

Looks fantastic Mike! Definitely a classic Hot Rod, a real old school feel to it. The gold paint job looks amazing, it's good to,see you still know how to do the shiney stuff!

Thanks, Dave, Chris and Kevin! Building hot rods is something I really enjoy, feels good to be back in the saddle. :drinks

Back