• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tombstone!

That engine is looking really sweet!! Details damn I love details.

;)

Here's the rest of the story. It's important to get a good bond on the wires in the distributor cap, because we're going to be bending and shaping the wires. Following our trusty old firing order diagram, you can wire the correct firing order. This is not completely necessary, but I thought I'd include it for reference. Most of the time, you can't tell if the order is right, just DON'T part the wires down the middle like a bad haircut!!

img199.jpg

img199copy.jpg

IMG_4323.JPG

I use my tweezers to bend the wire to the route I want it to follow, then slip the spark plug boot over the end. I trim the wire to length and glue it into the hole in the head with Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive, making sure the boot is all the way against the head. Follow the diagram to complete the sequence and you should end up sort of like this.

IMG_4324.JPG

IMG_4325.JPG

I'll let this dry for a bit, then add the rest of the engine details. How do days off go by SO fast??

I guess I should mention the wiring instruction are a very old set, I've had them since 1996 when I got back into modeling. Ron Parks used to make some excellent bits and pieces for scale models, right in my old backyard. (y)

Purple tweezers?? Who the heck uses purple tweezers??? :D :D :D :D :D

Looking cool Mike. Your inspiring me here. (y)
James

wyatt_and_doc.jpg

Wyatt: So doc, you think he'll ever finish your ride?

Doc: I calculate not.

Iron Mike: I have not yet begun to defile myself!

It has been too hot to any painting of late, so progress has stalled on the Tombstone project. HOPEFULLY, there will be a break in the weather this weekend and I can get some of the running gear rechromed with Alclad.

testpattern.gif

Well, it's finally cooled off in the Piedmont and time to break out the big guns!

the_cowboys.jpg

The body was primed with Tamiya White Primer, followed by several coats of Testors One Coat Lacquer Inca Gold, straight from the rattle can. I usually warm my paint by soaking the can in hot water for 5 minutes before spraying. This raises the pressure in the can and makes for a better spray pattern. After the base had dried several hours, I added several wet coats of Testors One Coat Lacquer Clear. This allows me to polish the surface, although this one is not going to need much polishing. :D

IMG_4584.JPG

IMG_4585.JPG

IMG_4586.JPG

IMG_4587.JPG

Outside, so you can see the 'flake

IMG_4590.JPG

IMG_4591.JPG

IMG_4592.JPG

I have a lot of the suspension parts to "rechrome" with Alclad, one of my least favorite jobs, more to come!

Johnny_Ringo.jpg

Back