• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tombstone!

Cough, cough, wheeze! Just dusted off this old bone, finally got around to working on the T again! I had a paint mishap, the body got knocked off the shelf and chipped a corner, so back to the paint booth!

While that was going on, I decided to do a very quick, down and dirty SBS on flocking an interior. My favorite method is pretty easy, although I usually use Tamiya paints or Model Master enamels for the base coats.

IMG_4977.JPG

I usually match the paint to the flocking or go a little darker, in case you get thin spots.

IMG_4978.JPG

Here I'm using Model Color Basalt Grey and Ken's Fuzzi Fur Charcoal.

IMG_4979.JPG

Spread a good, thick but even coat over the areas you want to cover.

IMG_4980.JPG

There are several brands of flocking, I really like the Ken's product for their range of auto colors.

IMG_4981.JPG

Putting the coated interior in a box or container, cover the paint with the flocking material.

IMG_4982.JPG

I tamp mine a little with the end of an X-Acto knife, tap off the excess and bingo! Instant carpet!

IMG_4983.JPG

This looked a little thin, so I added a little paint to the areas needing more coverage and then more flocking. The box or container lets you salvage the leftovers for future use.

Moving forward, I added some Bare Metal Foil to the door handles. I cut a square of foil larger than the area I want to cover and apply it to the body.

IMG_4984.JPG

I burnish it down with cotton swabs and toothpick, then carefully cut away the excess with NEW #11 blade. I stress new blade, because the foil is thin and can tear easily.

IMG_4986.JPG

I finished the interior, Spartan as it may be and have moved to the running gear.

IMG_4988.JPG

IMG_4987.JPG

More to come...

Curly_Bill%7E0.jpg

:drinks

Mike:

That looks real good. I've used several different types of flocking. Can't wait to see the final result. Nice job.

Dave W.

Flocking is very easy to apply. It can be affixed with either Paint or White glue. Very easy to work with and it does look good. Nice colors between the body color and the flocking color. Fantastic model.

Dave W.

Hey Guys n Gals! I made some additional progress on the chassis, had to charge a new battery for the camera before taking pix. The reason to use paint is it eliminates a step. If you use white glue, you run the risk of the plastic showing thru the flocking. Enamels stay wet longer, giving you more working time, but the Model Color acrylic matched the flocking and covered pretty well. More to come...

testpattern.gif

:drinks

Dude, I really like how your use of the frocking sets off the color of the interior floor. Can't wait for the finished product. I have that kit as a rebuild bomb. Gotta get into this one again.

Dave W.

Finally made it back to the bench with some resolve to finish this!! Besides, these guys are making me nervous!

Tombstone_Gang.jpg

All the sub assemblies have had a chance to cure and I started bringing it together.

IMG_5017.JPG

IMG_5018.JPG

IMG_5020.JPG

After not building a rod in a LONG time, I remember how difficult it is to get everything glued and aligned, WITHOUT getting glue everywhere! :pinch:

IMG_5022.JPG

IMG_5024.JPG

IMG_5026.JPG

I really love building armor!! :laugh:

IMG_5027.JPG

A little traveling music to make it to the finish, CRANK IT UP!

:eek:hyeah :drinks

Finally made it back to the bench with some resolve to finish this!! Besides, these guys are making me nervous!

Tombstone_Gang.jpg

All the sub assemblies have had a chance to cure and I started bringing it together.

IMG_5017.JPG

IMG_5018.JPG

IMG_5020.JPG

After not building a rod in a LONG time, I remember how difficult it is to get everything glued and aligned, WITHOUT getting glue everywhere! :pinch:

IMG_5022.JPG

IMG_5024.JPG

IMG_5026.JPG

I really love building armor!! :laugh:

IMG_5027.JPG

A little traveling music to make it to the finish, CRANK IT UP!

:eek:hyeah :drinks

Nice! You showed off the cab but not the chassis yesterday. Looks swell (y)

Hi Mike, Really coming together now (y) (y) (y)

The hub caps, wiring and stacks really making this work for me. Just need those headers now!!

Randy

Back