• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Time to fly off into the sunset.

RichB

After 42 years service in Her and His Majesty's Government of Canada, tomorrow is my last day of work. Our unit has been relocating to Ottawa (for the last 3 years) and should be completed next summer. The permanent home at Ottawa Airport is still a couple of years from completion.

With 3 of the 5 people in our instrumentation design section departing by the end of January, and a 4th likely by the end of March, it wasn't shaping up to be an enjoyable last 6 months. It isn't fun being a rented mule.

Anyway, on to the next phase of this adventure called life.

Cheers,
RichB

(I'm retired, not my problem anymore.)

Good for you Rich! That is quite a long service! Hope you have some good plans and enjoy yourself!

I’ll have 22years in His Majesty’s service in April and plan to go after 30 years. I’m not sticking around any longer than I have to!

Congratulations on your retirement!

Wow, that's some time to put in. Congrats on retirement Rich. My wife retired from teaching last year and has thoroughly enjoyed her new life.

Thirty-two year in uniform... retirement is so sweet!

Congratulations on your retirement!!!!!!

Congrats Rich. Enjoy your new found freedom. I'm hoping I might be able to retire this coming summer. You staying in the neighbourhood?
James

Congratulations, Rich! Don't take on too many new things at once, you will be amazed about how little free time retirement might bring, otherwise!

i may follow on the same journey in April as its the end of the English tax year and i have reached that age :) ...where life begins :cool:
Good luck, we expect to see more of you here ...j

Congratulations, Rich! Don't take on too many new things at once, you will be amazed about how little free time retirement might bring, otherwise!
Lots of things to catch up with around the house and yard. I remember Dad saying he worked harder after retiring than when he was working.

Cheers,
RichB

Congratulations Rich!
While I am old enough to retire, I will be working on watches for at least another 3 years. It isn't hard work (for me) and I do enjoy what I am doing. Also then at 70 I get the best retirement amount from the Gov. At that point I am not sure what I will do. I might work a little longer and pay off the house, or who knows what I might do.

Back