• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Thunderbolt

ij001

Kit - Tamiya
Paint - Alclad & AK Xtreme metal lacquers, Tamiya acrylics.
Decals - Aeromaster 48-569
Extras - Eduard placard set, Ultracast resin wheels

Republic P-47D-27 Thunderbolt
Assigned to Major Clay Tice
507th FS, 404th FG
Autumn 1944

a.jpg

b 1.jpg

b 2.jpg

b 3.jpg

c.jpg

d 1.jpg

d 2.jpg

d 3.jpg

e.jpg

f.jpg

Not too much to say in all honesty; Tamiya's still superb 2003 kit is a dream to build and really does define the 'shake & bake' kit in my opinion - this is the fourth one I've built and the first 'bubbletop'. The AK Xtreme Metal lacquers continue to astonish at just how 'user friendly' they are... just need some more tones as my choice is a wee bit more limited than I'd like, hence I used a couple of Alclads in this build.

As ever please feel free to comment, hurl abuse or ask a question. Next two projects are already on the bench and both come from boxes marked 'Airfix' (one of them you already know about).

Best from NZ.

Ian.

That turned out quite nice Ian! Almost has me pulling out my "Emma Mae" kit! Alas I have another already planned to start so am going with it.

Dr Who thumbs up.gif

Cheers everyone, appreciate the feedback - Christian, think it's four years I've been using AK Xtreme's now, they are so perfect, so easy to use straight from the bottle. Really should make more use of them.

Ian.

Cheers everyone, appreciate the feedback - Christian, think it's four years I've been using AK Xtreme's now, they are so perfect, so easy to use straight from the bottle. Really should make more use of them.

Ian.

I haven't liked any metal paints since the old Model Masters but they were quite fragile .
The AK. is pretty much bullet proof and so easy to work with .

Cheers, Christian :cool:

Fantastic Ian! I really like this scheme! the black and red pin stripe look great with the natural metal finish.

:tens:

Back