• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

This Fokkers Finished

Hi Erik, Its EZ Line that I got from Wing Nut Wings. I'm sure there are other places to get it too. Its elastic so glue with a bot of tension and it stays taught.
James

Really a dazzling paint scheme but I think it would make my eyes go cross while trying to rig it.

Great job ! :D

Cheers, Christian B)

Well trying to get the top wing done so I can wrap this up. Really the rib tapes are so monotonous. Today I brought the wing and decaling stuff up to the office to model. While I'm doing that I'm listening to some Awesome music by my favorite Conductor and Orchestra. Just fantastic music, but hard to model too as I'm bebopping about :D

DSC03138.JPG

DSC03139.JPG

DSC03140.JPG

And the concert I am modeling to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbIPZRxe-Hk

James

Thanks guys.

Well it took all day with breaks but the top wing is basically done. A bit of cleaning up but all the rib tapes are on and the crosses and minor markings. Sometime this week I hope to mate it up with the fuse and start the final push.

DSC03141.JPG

James

Thanks Chris. Just found I have lost the top lozenge decal for the right hand aileron. Will have to grab it from the other kit. Well I just found that Pheon is releasing some red and white birds from Jasta 18 and they dont have lozenges. So that means another Fokker will have to be bought for the 7 Swabians Cant have enough Fokkers I guess.
James

Okay I have to learn patience. The top wing is on. Only have to glue it and reglue the tail.

DSC03142.JPG

DSC03143.JPG

Man she looks pretty. Feeling really good about this.

Chris yeah its a downer losing the decal, but lucky I have a spare and a reason to get another :blush:

James

Thanks.
Wings are now glued on and tail repaired. Prop given a base coat. Will try and do the laminations tonight. Have to paint the tail skid and add some grab handles. Have to add control horns to ailerons, finish last aileron and add, then finish control rigging. Then a satin coat and some more weathering.
James

Did some work on the prop. Wife says the front looks darker, but I cant see a differance. Unfortunately the front pic is blurred so only the rear pic. After the oil dries I will "varnish" it and apply decals.

DSC03150.JPG

Any thoughts or critiques on the prop are welcome.

James

Back