• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

This Fokkers Finished

jknaus

Administrator
Couldnt help myself. Once I got these I had to start. So here is my Christmas build. Hope to be done before vacation ends.

instrument.jpg

DSC01812.JPG

DSC01810.JPG

DSC01808.JPG

James

Awesome James!! I had a printout of a email receipt in my stocking for one of these from my wife...it's in customs right now but will hopefully be here soon...my first WnW kit :)

That Anthony sure was a Fokker wasn't he? Thank goodness for the Khaki Boys that he didn't have access to the inline engines until very late in the war.

Cheers

Bummer. Cockpit is now all painted and ready to go together, but for one thing. I thought I had seat belts, but I dont. So the cockpit will have to wait as I have some on order. So glued the wings together and just have to clean the seam. Painted the lower wing CDL in prep for the decals, but there is some splattering. Not sure why, so I'll have to clean that up and re shoot. Time to start the engine also. Not really much to see so no pictures this time.
James

I have been slobberin for this kit for two years James. I will be verrrrrrry interested. :pp

The total inventory of D7's was the only aircraft the allies insisted on being surrendered at wars end.

Imagine That
Tony lee

I was very surprised to read that the US got most of the DVIIIs. They used them quite a bit it seems and mostly in the flight training role. So anyone who wants an interesting alternative to lozenges could go that way. Also the other countries that got them have some very attractive schemes.
James

I will try Saul, just I seem to have writers block at the moment. I will really try.

I gave Bobs a try and these seem easier. But both are so tiny and as you know I'm having issues so we'll see.

James

That is so cool James. (y) Did you paint the IP or is it a decal? Also the seat looks like real leather. Good job.

Joe

Thanks Joe. The instrument faces are decals. Everything else is paint. Unfortunately the wooden floor and ip dont show the wood grain too well in the pics. The seat pad is oils over vallejo.
James

Back