• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The ultra rare Ta 152D-2!

matrixone

Here is my 1/48 scale DML Ta 152H converted into the little known Ta 152D-2 version.

400329540.jpg

400329344.jpg

400329343.jpg

400329377.jpg

400329347.jpg

400329381.jpg

400329348.jpg

400329380.jpg

400329346.jpg

There were no Ta 152D-2's built but there really were plans to use the DB 603LA engine with the Ta 152H airframe, the war ended before this could take place.

Matrixone

Thanks James and Christian!

The reason for the image being reversed? :hmmm Just my way of seeing if anybody would notice. :)
Actually I thought about doing this after seeing one of the color photograph's of the Ta 152 printed backwards in the Eagle Editions Ta 152 book.

Matrixone

Check ! :lol: I'm sure I don't catch all of those but I have seen more than one over the years .

Did I win the door prize Bob ? :popcorn

Cheers, Christian B)

I'm too busy looking at your painting and weathering to notice which damn side you put the effing supercharger intake on! (y)

Thanks Moon Puppy and Adam!

Moon Puppy,
There were no in-progress pics of this model (and the He 219J-5) because it was a 'blitz' build and was racing the clock to try and get it done by years end. I don't always take in-progress pics of my builds because I mostly build O.O.B. and others would not find that interesting at all.

Matrixone

Well, here comes another opinion ( for whar it's worth ).

As far as I'm concerned I preffer an out of box model that looks as real as yours over one with a lot of after matket items that looks like a model.

I think you are selling yurself way short . That FW. looks great to me. I would find your step by step progress most interesting ( again, that's me )

Cheers, Christian B)

Christian,
My next models I start I will take a few in-progress of them and post them...but be warned my builds are mostly O.O.B. with just basic building and painting and nothing like Chukw's builds where you can really learn some new techniques. My builds only start to get interesting during the painting and weathering phase.

Matrixone

You need to consider that Chuck soars by himself. Most of us are running and jumping trying to get airborne.

Let's see what you can do. I'm learning stuff from armor people as well as Chuck , so I would not discount anyone who can make the exterior look as realistic as that. :drinks

Cheers, christian B)

Thanks again Christian for the kind words.

I don't build any different than everybody else does but I do take a little more care in how I paint my models, for example when I paint one of the camouflage colors I will start out with a light coat of the base color and follow that by a very dark tinted version of the base color and spray that on random panel lines and control surface seam lines. Next I switch to a lightened version of the base color and spray inside of the panel lines and also highlight raised areas on the airframe. By now the model looks like a wreck so what I will do is go back to the original color and spray a highly thinned coat to tone things down unti it looks right to me. On my Ta 152D-2 I only weathered the wings uppersurfaces near the wing roots with the different tones of the base color because I wanted the airframe to look like it was almost new with almost no paint fading but still had seen some action during combat missions.

Matrixone

Thanks Dusan!
This was a very quick build and I was trying to get it done before years end and just barely made it, I had to wait a few days before I could get outside and get some pictures of it.

Matrixone

Back