• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Moose-1/8 Weta sci-fi kit -updated 9th Feb

The Moose-1/8 Weta sci-fi kit -updated 31st Jan

Lots of details, this is gonna be sweet! (y)

This reminds me of the Forge World - Storm Eagle kit I built years ago. I thought it would be a fairly straight forward simple build. It was everything but.

Nothing fit right, parts were warped and even a couple were made wrong. I got it assembled and never painted the exterior. (never could decide what colors to paint it) I have since discovered that all resin kits are a challenge though some are more so than others.

You are doing an excellent job so far. Just keep in mind it is resin and plan way ahead and ponder how to deal with the possible problems you can envision.

Looks_Good_GIF.gif

Wow, great progress so far Ian.
I’ve only completed a couple resin aircraft myself so far and they certainly do require an abundance of patience and a different mind set compared to other kits.

This is going to be amazing when it is done :popcorn

Thanks all for your comments and interest.
Bob - I will try my best to turn you to Sci-Fi :laugh:

Mike - I hope so, I will do my best.

MP - plenty to fit in plus a few surprises.

HE and Sharkman- resin is always a journey into the unknown.....bring it on!

Some more progress on the main head and hips - not completed by any means but getting a lot closer. Some filling is still required as well. I am also adding some of my own detail where I think it will work better than a blank panel or where some detail will help cover a stepped down seam.

20200208_232939.jpg

20200208_232901.jpg

20200208_232916.jpg

20200208_232827.jpg

20200208_233226.jpg

20200208_233155.jpg

The Hips
I started painting the vent area as it will be a different color to the main body panels.
I added some strip to the slider arms bases as they did not reach properly.

20200208_233100.jpg

20200208_233022.jpg

That looks impressively complex, Ian. I am looking forward to seeing how well it turns out.

Cool!

I don't recall from the movie, but this thing was completely autonomous yes? No passengers?

:popcorn

(y)

I couldn't imagine working with that much resin...

I can imagine it must be a pain in the butt at times, but you are making the kit look excellent. I can't wait to see what it looks like when you get it completed.

Cheers,
James

Back