• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Junkers is finished!

matrixone

I thought I posted the pictures of the finished model of the Junkers Ju EF 128 but I guess not. :S

This model was built SFTB from the 1/72 scale Huma kit, as the norm for Huma kits the decals were not worth using so I raided my decal spares box for the markings of this aircraft operated by JG 3.

hb0cabb5.JPG

h6c68949.JPG

h9e4fe0b.JPG

h34a2e39.JPG

This is a photograph I nabbed off the net from a Russian site, the Ju EF 128 was one of several Junkers designs the Soviets considered building and its possible this photograph is of two of the prototypes during testing.

h4d4d04a.JPG

More images from the net, there is no way these are real but show what might have been if the war lasted another year.

h2d1a0a8.JPG

hb1d79db.JPG

h4b84b0f.JPG

Matrixone

A far cry from corrugated metal ( my 1st thought ) .

That came out really nice . (y) (y) (y) Shame about the decals . :(

Cheers, Christian B)

Think someone needs to get Peter Jackson to build some of these designs and see how well they flew. Superb job Les.

Very nice job excellent looking bird Les ... I really luv every thing you build ... paint spot on decals perfect ... photography blows me away ... carry on soldier ... :soldier (y) :pilot

Thanks!

I have seen several videos of RC scale models of the Ju EF 128 and they flew pretty well.

After the Russians captured many of the engineers and data from Junkers they realized the Ju EF 128 was a design worth consideration for further development and I believe they did build one or two.

Below is a photograph of another Junkers project that the Soviets tinkered with.

hcf1ba2c.jpg

If there were photographs of this Junkers EF 126 prototype available why were there no photographs of the Ju EF 128? This is simple...the Ju EF 126 was a diversion to deceive spies about the true intention of which German designs the Soviets were going to develop and mass produce and that turned out to be the Ta 183.

Matrixone

Thanks Luiz!

Weathering on this one was not easy since to do and I had to guess how this machine might have looked after seeing some heavy usage in combat conditions. This aircraft was the F-35 of its day and I am sure all effort would be made to keep them in good condition.

Matrixone

As ever, brilliant! I'm easily convinced that this was a real plane, now that I've seen those newly-discovered photos. ;)

Cheers!

Back